EP application chance for bond holder

Hi Guys, I'm going to graduate from NUS with a master degree. I recently have a job offer with a quite big, top firm here in Singapore in my major. My firm agrees to apply for me both Spass and EP. However, last time my EP application was rejected because HR forgot to advertise on Jobbank. They has advertised and now I am waiting for the new result. My status online checked is still "Rejected" with the old application number and date of application.

I have a little bit worry as my basic salary is <3600 a little bit. However, I have a bond (Service obligation scheme) stated that I will have to stay and work in Singapore 3 years after my master graduation. I also check on SAT tool with my profile and it is still ok with my current base salary and education background. When submit the EP application, I also support the EP eligibility letter from NUS stating that I am eligible for the EP and currently carrying a bond to serve.

Anyone here has the similar experiences? As I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks since the EP reapplication but no information. Many thanks!!!

Salary less than $3600 per month is not eligible to apply EP (but no worries as the employer is ticked both so MoM will approve your S pass incase your application is successful).

Second part, I didn't get clear visibility that it's the same company who had applied earlier is re-applying your application? If yes, then what are the changes made apart from posting into Job Bank for 15 days? Chances are there for S pass. Your application status will be changed to approved if it is successful or else it will remain the same (as the same employer had applied earlier). Good luck

Thank you,
Firstly, As we are international students carrying a bond with Singapore government (Tuition grant program), so when we do the Self assessment tool, there is another checkbox asked if you were a bond holder. Then with my current salary it is still eligible for both EP and Spass). I also had a letter from NUS, the EP eligibility letter stating that Im eligible for the EP and currently carrying a bond  is obliged to work ing Singapore for three years after graduation.

Secondly, the first time my firm applied for me EP i think, and it is rejected after 3 weeks. The reason is that they have not advertised my position on Jobbank for 2 weeks yet. After that, they advertised and reapply for me later. The two application has the two different application number and date of application. Now the new application status is pending for two weeks already.

Thirdly, do you know how the pass categories looked like on the MOM website, as in my case the pass type is EP only, not (EP/ Spass...). When they applied for me the two type of passes, will it indicated both on the Website?

1. At MoM, it has distinguished between EP and S pass. You can check in MoM website to know the eligibility criteria for consideration of an EP or S pass. I won't comment what NUS has mentioned in their letter, MoM is the right governing body to decide.

Note: For MS holders, your are eligible for EP ( yes you too eligible for S pass but MoM gives it to undergraduate employees or employees whose degree is not recognised by MoM (which is not the case for you)). In my previous message I mentioned on salary point of view as for an EP, you must have minimum salary criteria is $3,600. Not sure, if MoM has given a separate benchmark for foreign students (i.e. lower down the salary eligibility criteria) under Tution grant - bond holders.

2. Your first message confused when you have mentioned it's still showing as rejected, now you are saying your new application is appearing as pending.

What I understood from two different points, first case result was rejected. Second time employer has applied your application freshly and it's appearing as pending. So, it's correct then wait for the outcome of your second (fresh application).

3. While applying, it will ask both EP or S pass you are applying for, most of times employer apply for both. But after submitted, when you will check in MoM website to know the outcome, system only appears that your EP status is ‘pending' or ‘approved' or ‘rejected'. It doesn't distinguish between EP and S pass. Good luck

Thank you so much!!! I hope that the minimum salary criteria will not effect my EP outcome result. As I tried the same salary with a student with bond and without bond, the result is different.

I read on the forum and found that there was one case who is under MOE bond, however he couldnt have his Spass issued, so it makes me quite nervous.

By the way, It is still pending for more than three weeks, is it any problem? as some of my friend got the pass approved within a week .

Each case has its own merits and can't compare to other cases. MoM takes each case on its merit. Good luck

Thank you, I will tell you guys as soon as I got the result

Hi Daijin99,

I am also graduating this year and have tuition grant bond with MOE.
I do remember that i have seen the checkbox for bond holders in  the Self assessment tool but now i couldn't find now. May be i am missing something. Can help to let me know when i can see this checkbox, any specific field i have to fill in SAT tool?

Also are you saying that international students who have got tuition grant bond from MOE will be eligible for EP? If so, can we have the dependents also? As i am currently in S Pass with 4700+ package now.

Abi26: Dependants are allowed if your fixed salary is at least S$6000 per month. So, S$4,700 is way below to the minimum threshold.

Note: Check box is asked when your employer will apply work pass for you (not checking during SAT assessment - it's a tool to advise you what kind of pass you are eligible for (no guarantee of approval)).

Hi Daijin,

I read your case for EP application and currently I am in similar situation. The only difference is that I have both Singapore's local bachelor degree and master degree. The salary my employer offered has met the minimum requirement as well. But unfortunately my first application got rejected as well, totally not sure of the reason. Now I am thinking to get the Letter of EP Eligibility from university as supporting document for my second time application. Hope it will work.

May I ask you about your 2nd time applying results? I want to know if the Letter of EP Eligibility make sense in application.

Thank you very much!

Appealing with university letter of EP eligibility will have a positive impact in your case. Last week, there was a similar case where the appeal included SMU letter of EP eligibility of candidate whose EP application was rejected. Later appeal was successfully accepted. Good luck