WORK PERMIT-MAURITIUS

Hi all

I have few questions re work permit as follows:

1. How long does it take to know that the work permit application is denied in Mauritius?
2. Can i send a n email to labour department to inquire on the status? especially if it has already taken almost 9 months since the employer lodged a request

Thank you

I don't have any experience of the work permit but when we were doing my occupational permit I was phoning every day to get a status ( I was bored at home ).

I would suggest that a gentle enquiry can't do any harm.

Kind regards

Samantha

You can of course contact the Ministry of Labour to inquire on the work permit. It's not always easy to get in touch with them but once you happen to get through to the officer in charge of your file, he will provide you with the required information.

I do not suggest sending emails... they might not have the 'reply' option on their system  :D

Thank you Nadeem

Do you happen to have their contact details?

Thank you

Do you happen to have their contact detail?

Dear Livin90

Far from willing to bring any doubt or despair, I would say that despite the snail pace of the processing of Work Permits, there is practically no chance that they would take more than six months to process one, irrespective of the outcome, whether positive or not.

You would be most lucky to get them on phone and from there to get any update of the application, especially on phone. Surely, my friend Nadeem has some privileged contact there, in which case, things could be different.  :)

Having said so, and without intending to bring discredit to your prospective employer, I am of opinion that he should have inquired as from the third month to see how things are evolving. The absence of any such action should have triggered hint as to his real willingness to get you working in his team.

Without promising you can give me through private message further details on yourself and your prospective employer, and I could try to enlighten you, I stress to say that I will « TRY », as they might ask me in which capacity I am querying.

Cheers

Vayid