Overstayed 40 Days! Will that be a problem for VISA in future

Hello Expats,
I am from Bangladesh, I came back from Cambodia after 70 days of volunteering with VSO Cambodia. As I volunteered with VSO  they took our responsibility for VISA, When we were coming back I knew I overstayed 40 days. They paid the charge for overstay.

Now the problem is I really need to go back to Cambodia, as Bangladeshi I need to apply for VISA beforehand from Embassy. So, Will the overstay be a problem for getting VISA and what's the probable solution for it?

Thanks

Hello.

As you have paid for your overstay there is no problem for a next stay, unless you were blacklisted.

Just apply for a new visa and you will know. I don't think the embassy has you as unwanted person and they wouldn't even know that you overstayed and had to pay fines.

Embassies are not Immigration Departments, embassies are under the direction of the Ministry of Foreign affairs, whereas Immigration is under the direction of the Ministry of Interior.

So go there and apply, of course do not mention your overstay yourself. Is it stamped in your passport?

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hi Joe,
No, there is no different seal for overstay. It's the departure seal which definitely state the day of our departure whereas the nearby seal state the VISA duration.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Sorry to beat of a dead horse but I wanted to know if it was successfully resolved @jcha999? I may soon find myself in a similar situation

Hey there,
I haven't tried for VISA yet. So, No idea yet what will be the outcome.

Please let me know if you do so.
Thanks