Any British expats working in weddings?

Hello all, I work for a UK TV production company called Tern TV and based on research revealing Mauritius to be the number one overseas destination of choice for Brits to get married, we're looking to see if there are any Brits working in the Mauritian wedding industry.

Planners, caterers, seamstresses, photographers and beyond, it'd be great to speak to any British expats working in the sector to learn a bit more about their life and work. Best wishes

Foreign couples getting married in Mauritius sometimes bring their photographers with them but not planners and caterers. These are organised by hotels which offer special wedding packages.

Sometimes for big and theme weddings especially for specialized markets like India and the Gulf countries, there are foreign wedding planners that are present but mostly for consultancy and supervision.

Hi I work in film and tv (mainly post production), I work between the Uk and here. When I got married here, (my wife is a local), we had it all locally organised by the family, who actually cater for wedding services out here also -mainly local. But it works in different ways from what I understand. Either the big hotel all orgainised affair, or more like ours where we hired a venue, and got seamstresses, catering, decorations/design, photographers, soundsystems etc involved. Probably worth showing both sides of it I think. Also weddings are often themed, we all went in Indian attire even though the family is creole. Happy to help, and with the post production if you like (good tx break out here for post) - also there are production crews out here I can put you in touch with.
Best
Al