Invitation Letter

Hi All,

I am planning to Visit Romania for tourism with my parents and one of the requirements is  INVITATION APPROVED BY ROMANIAN IMIGRATION.

Unfortunately I don't know any one from Romania to help me in that, I contacted many travel agency and I didn't receive any reply back from them.

anyone can help me please. Direct message me.

Thanks,

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm reasonably sure that a copy of your holiday booking (flights, hotel etc) will suffice; best ask whoever you have made your reservations with.

thanks for your reply, actually I have all the documents and I already submitted it but they replied back asking for an invitation that has to be approved by immigration department.

Really?  Guess they are trying to discourage tourism. :)

Try speaking to your tour company; they must have some information; otherwise, nobody would go to Romania.

To add, just done some further research (Trip Advisor); you're not the only person with this problem; it looks like it's a growth industry for Romanians to make a bit of money!  I'm amazed.

This has been brought previously on this forum regarding invitation letters. It is a criminal offence to ask someone that you don't know personally for an invitation letter.

I'm sure it depends on what country you're from.
In the communist days most eastern bloc countries required an invitation. In those days the travel agent your bought your ticket from made these arrangements. Ask your travel agent for guidance.

JohnnyStLouis wrote:

I'm sure it depends on what country you're from.
In the communist days most eastern bloc countries required an invitation. In those days the travel agent your bought your ticket from made these arrangements. Ask your travel agent for guidance.

There is certainly an element of that; citizens from the following countries require the "invitation":

Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, China, Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Yemen.

I dont think you need an invitation letter unless you are applying for visit visa. It clearly states on their webisite waht u need.

Is the original invitation letter required to be handed in for the visa application....how does one get the original if your in a different country and the person doing the invitation is not coming to your country to bring it?

Theresacon wrote:

Is the original invitation letter required to be handed in for the visa application....how does one get the original if your in a different country and the person doing the invitation is not coming to your country to bring it?

Mail?  The old-fashioned kind, the one that involved an envelope and a postage stamp I guess.

Hi.
Hope you are all doing well.

I'm from Philippines and visiting Romania this coming Dec 20. I have already bought a ticket and will stay in Romania for 3 weeks.

Currently I'm working  to gather all my requirements for the visit visa.( purpose of visiting my bf)
I would just like to seek advice on what dates should we put on the invitation letter. Can I put maximum of 90 days or just the exact dates on my ticket (will be staying for 3 weeks.)

I just want to be sure on what to put on the invitation letter, as our immigration is kinda strict with the requirements and I'm afraid to be offload from the plane just because of the dates of invitation letter.

Thank you

@tintin If you have purchased *return* ticket back to the Philippines, I would say go with the exact dates as they appear on your reservation, and if you need total number of days, count the day of arrival and the day of departure as full days. Good luck.

Thank you :)

Hi, I have a question regarding this one. I also posted about this, but since it's new nobody replied to my post yet.

So, I plan to maximize the whole 90 days, but the thing is that I made a mistake with the dates. I put more than 90 days in the invitation letter. (July 11 - October 11 I counted the months not days- dumb of me - should be only up to October 9 for it to be 90 days) The letter states the date from July 11 to October 11, but I really plan to leave after 90 days. I'm the one traveling, but my friend from Romania who made the letter put the dates that I said.

Would that be okay even if the letter states more than 90 days, but the embassy will only approve 90 days and will just have my return ticket for the exact 90 days.

Thank you for answering in advance!