Home Theatre System and Plasma TV - Professional help needed

Hi All,  we shipped all our furntiture and household goods from Australia to Mauritius, everything arrived safe and sound and we love having all our own things around us.

We have a Marantz stereo and a plasma tv home entertainment system which we have not been able to get working properly.  Sound is fine, TV flicked a picture up a couple of times but now not working, not sure if the cables are not done correctly or if the TV is broken or if there is some other issue.  After many hours of 'playing' with it oursleves and having some tech savvy friends take a look it is time for a professional.

Can anyone recommend someone who is experienced setting up home entertainment systems and fault fiding?

Cheers

Judy

Hi Judy,
Is your tv on PAL system or NTSC? Because in Mauritius I believe only PAL system will work I believe?

Hi FeeAcer, we are not trying to get TV channels on it, just play DVD's which are also from Australia, we did get it working for a short while and then lost picture so must be cable of the TV itself.

Thanks for your reply.

Must be because of the cables, or maybe you selected the wrong signal entry ? (have you tried HDMI / HDMI2?)

hi jude,

i might be able to help if i'm around, pm me,

cheers,
islander.

Thanks Julien, I will check.

Islander, thanks for your offer, is this your field of work?

Hi Judy,
With regards to your problem with your plasma tv and home theatre system, maybe the system you have been using in Auatralia is not compatible in Mauritius, we used the secam system.I came from UK was having the same problem as in uk we used the pal system it would not work in mauritius.
you will have to modify your system which will be costly and might not work properly, might as well buy a new system.

Bye for now hope it was helpfull for you.

Please Ignore Balmoral's ludicrous advice. Pal/secam systems are perfectly compatible in mauritius. Infact we even use the same voltage and digital video broadcasting systems as in australia.  The only difference will be with the power plug used. 

Hope you had your TV fixed by now..!

Thanks for the replies, we are only trying to use it to play DVD's not use it for getting TV channels.  The sound is working fine just no picture.

Still working on it.

Does anyone know of a professional company that works on these type of things?