Working for a US company

Hello,

I am wanting to move to Costa Rica but I would need income. My research has found its almost impossible to work there without residency. What if I work for a US based company such as Marriot?

Your potential employer must apply on your behalf for a work visa. The vacant position must be made available for local workers before an extranjero can be offered the position.

If you are fired or quit the position, the work visa is no longer valid or transferable.

A spouse must apply for their own work visa.

The accrued time does not count towards residency.

Thank you!

I was reading and appreciate as well your question Willamarnold1 and Kohlerias your response :)
Gracias!
Susan

Another option is to work as a freelancer over the internet. You would have to renew your visa every 90 days, though.

Hi Mauro N!
Thank you for your input here.  Any ideas for freelancer or no of anyone looking for help in this area?
Thank you  :)
Susan

Freelancing is done according to our own qualifications/experience. In my case, I freelance all over the world doing database development, SEO, translations and article writing;  I've landed a few jobs here in CR, but most are from overseas. There are many freelancing job sites, the most famous ones could be Freelancer.com, Indeed.com, Monster.com, Guru.com, Elance.com,  others. Facebook has also many job offer accounts but most of them deal with affiliate type of jobs, emailing, post stamping, etc. which I haven't tried, not interested. There are call centers that hire people from home as well.

BTW, I see you are in Jaco? Do you have a male partner wanting to work down by Peninsula de Ossa, near Puerto Jimenez? Are you both interested. The job is for a couple to take care of an Inn (no TV, no electricity, solar energy and internet only, during the raining season there are days of isolation, only 4x4 reach there, it's on the beach). The Inn needs a cook and a handyman/administrator. I do not know the pay but room and board are included. I had to turn the offer down because I have two school girls. No working permit needed.

Thank you MauroN you are very kind to share this information with me and I sincerely thank you!!
I was hoping to still be in Jaco but I am back in US now... in Nevada.  I am divorced but I am thinking if I know someone... who would be interested in doing  this with me.  Do you have any photos.... would I need my own 4x4? Is there a pool or very primitive? I like the idea of solar energy and I can live without tv!!
Susan  :)

Hi MauroN,

It would be more appropriate to post your job offer in the Jobs in Costa Rica section as it will have more visibility.

Thanks in advance.
Anas,
Expat.com Team :)

Hi. I'm not posting a job offer for all, just for Susan. But I take the advise and post similar comments internally.