Foreign Business in Nepal

Hi,

I would like to connect with any foreigners that have successfully managed to open a business in Nepal or anyone who can recommend some [someone] legal advice. Are there any government websites which outline the CURRENT requirements for foreigners ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

I cannot recommend highly enough that you do all the business you wish with Nepal by way of import-export, direct from your country. You'll save yourself a huge amount of headaches. Opening a business in Nepal is simply too complex even if the government sites make it sound easy - Don't believe everything they write. And why invest and put your  good money at risk in Nepal when you can get just as good or better results through buying-selling goods? To do that, come to Nepal once or more times a year, do your buying/selling there - and return home. There are any number of good and reliable import-export firms in Kathmandu, who will be happy to work with you and assist in arranging shipments, containers, prepare all the documentation, freight, crating, etc.
Avoid nepali lawyers is my other advice. Even if you happen to find a good one, you should know that the legal system they work in is rotten - with the result that the only "good ones" are corrupt as hell, which is a sad irony. How to recommend those? I cannot, and will not. One aspect of Nepal I cannot stomach.
Work with Nepal, but best and safer all at "arms length". Trust my old experience!

My wife is Nepali and through her we can do just about anything. Expatriating the money is a whole other matter and you have to jump through a lot of hoops for that.

re thread of Foreign Business in Nepal?
Message is now clear for Expats who may be in search of a solution. Marry a nepali girl, of course. You are right!

Which export firms have you liked?

Re thread of "Foreign Business in Nepal", question you raise is about "Export Firms" operating in Nepal which is something else again. If it's any help to you, Nepal's top 10 exports include Beverage and Spirits, Textile Floor Coverings, man-made staple fibers, coffee/tea/spices, plastics, footwear, and so on down the list in decreasing percentages of importance according to latest available published information. Obviously, your question covers such a broad field, it's difficult for me to answer you in more specific terms. I will therefore defer to others who may be more knowledgeable than me to provide you with the answer you deserve. A good place to start is probably the Chamber of Commerce, as they ought to be able to answer you with all the information at their fingertips.

There's usually opportunities outside of the main flow of products.

One of my friends actually buys rugs from Nepal and as a seven-figure business here in Salt Lake.

And he's so smart usually money is made in the niches I've actually done exporting to South America and other places but it's usually niche market items that seemed to make the most money for the investment.

That is why I was asking if there were things that people enjoy doing.

This was very helpfulas well as to getting money out of Nepal..

i gave some plan