What Status Message shows up after you appeal

Hi All

My EP was rejected as the agency wrote basic salary without allowance.
The rejection message was :

Your application is not successful because:
This candidate does not meet the qualifying criteria (which includes salary, qualifications and experience) for an Employment Pass. In line with rising local wages, the criteria for Employment Pass have been tightened to ensure that Employment Pass holders are complementary to the local workforce. If you still choose to employ this candidate, you can submit an appeal. Before you do so, check the Self Assessment Tool on MOM's website

The application was filed after checking the SAT tool which resulted in eligibility for EP

Please advise if my status will change from Rejected to Pending or Rejected to Approved if MoM accepts the appeal.

* Appeal was filed by CEO which states I am important for them and correction in Fixed monthly salary.

Indian
Total Exp 19 Yrs, Current Role experience 8 years
Director
14k+
UK graduation

Please also suggest if I stand a chance for EP.

Thanks n Rgds
Saurabh

Please understand that employer has to provide a valid reason why they want hire you, your value to the company and skills which unique in Singapore. Secondly, MoM does look into employer's contribution into the society. Thirdly, MoM only wants what's your fixed salary, they don't care about your allowances or any other variable pay.

Sorry to say, MoM doesn't give additional weight if CEO appeal or anyone else. It goes with the rationale, which I have mentioned above. Prepare a proper assessment before appealing.

But, at present chances are very slim as per MoM, you are not qualified to get EP because there is a mismatch to your salary, experience and qualification. Good luck

Hi Surya  thanks for the reply..
My company gave the reason why I am important to them as I am already working with my company in India since last 8 years.

Re Employers contribution: company is a brand new incorporation with 50k share capital and I will be the 1st person to join it.

I hope to get through this time though the chances are slim.

Rgds
Saurabh

So, your role is to start up the company's Singapore office and, in the process, create local business and jobs?
If that is stated in the appeal justification letter and also shown in the new entity's business plan, you have good chances.
Please note that, in the past, internal transfers to Singapore were treated differently for work pass approval, but I am not sure if that is still the case. On the other hand, the rejection letter shows that the reasons lie within your  person and salary.

Hi Beppi  Thanks for reply, This is my 1st EP application, I have been to Singapore many times never overstayed no adverse record. SAT result shows I am eligible for EP, My college name is listed in the MoM data base, 19 yrs experience 8 yrs relevant experience. The agency which formed the company wrote my salary as

Salary Payable by : LOCAL
* Fixed Monthly Salary : 7,000.00 (S$)     
* Basic Monthly Salary : 7,000.00 (S$)     
Fixed Monthly Allowances : 0.00 (S$)   

In Appeal they said by mistake the wrote incorrect Salary the correct one is

Salary Payable by : LOCAL
* Fixed Monthly Salary : 14,070.00 (S$)     
* Basic Monthly Salary : 10,000.00 (S$)     
Fixed Monthly Allowances : 4070.00 (S$)   

I hope MoM accept my appeal,

Rgds
Saurabh

Hopefully, MoM believes that the old salary (which is clearly too low for your level and seniority) was a typing error. They normally dislike increases in salary on appeal, as they are usually just an attempt to circumvent MoM's rules.
Th company should probably submit your work contract, stating the higher salary and signed before the first application, as proof!

Thanks Beppi..

Hi Beppi / Surya
HR informed me they received below message from MoM today, kindly let me know if its normal..

We know this appeal is important to you. However, we need more time to review it. We will make every effort to get back to you within the next 3 weeks.

Regards
Saurabh

Then please wait for the outcome, other than find another employer if you can't wait. Good luck

Hi Beppi / Surya  Finally after 3.5 months my EP showed up as approved. Is there a possibility to know the EP is approved for how long. Thank you

Congrats.... Once you receive IPA letter from your employer, it must be stated there. Typically, 1yr or 2 yrs. welcome to Singapore.

Hi Surya  I am able to see

Pass Type
: EMPLOYMENT PASS

Status
: Approved

Thank You Surya

After this msg how Long date mom take to approve your EP

Vivin joes wrote:

After this msg how Long date mom take to approve your EP

Please read the first post in the thread "How long will my work pass application take" to get complete information about the process and timing!

Hi beppi
MOM need more time to review your appeal.We will get back to you within the next 3 weeks. msg from MOM.Is this normal.
surely they give results with in 3 weeks or take more

This is a common message.
Nothing is sure, except that MoM does whatever they want.

How long its takes

Yammu wrote:

How long its takes

What?

Hi beppi,

For my case on 3rd Dec  2019 my hr applied EP for me. i Received the result on 20 DEC as an ep was rejected. the reason told by the hr is salary was bit low for your qualification so we increased your salary and  appealed on 30th Dec. But on 17th Jan 2020 mom sent message
"We know this appeal is important to you. However, we need more time to review it. We will make every effort to get back to you within the next 3 weeks."

but still the result was rejected. How long its takes after this message from mom.

Shall i call to mom regarding this updates of ep because i am not sure my hr appeal or not.

So Within the mentioned three weeks your EP was rejected?
After That, there is no more process, no messages from MoM (and no second appeal allowed). So what do you still want to achieve?
Better spend your time looking for another job!

Three weeks are not over. If I won't get result within three weeks it's seems to be rejected only.

HR did appeal or not that your HR can only tell you. MoM doesn't entertain to employees visiting their offices. You should liaise with your employer and believe them.

Secondly, we have said many times that during your appeal your pass status won't change, it will appear remains rejected (unless employer submitted a fresh application after made all those changes then it will appear as pending).

As MoM has clearly said to wait for their review, then you should wait. But nobody stopping you to try with other employer.

But, your employer has to provide strong rationale during the appeal that why they suddenly hiked the salary and the reason.

Thank you Surya

Hi @Yammu,

How long did MOM take to respond after the message :" we need more time to review it. We would make every effort to give the outcome within next 3 week"

Hi Beppi,Surya,

Would you be able to advise if the EP renewal appeal is pending at MoM and the current EP deadline is very nearby, can I continue working on current EP until the outcome is known. Or can I extend the current EP expiry temporarily from MoM based on that?

Thanks much.

TimeisPrecious wrote:

Would you be able to advise if the EP renewal appeal is pending at MoM and the current EP deadline is very nearby, can I continue working on current EP until the outcome is known. Or can I extend the current EP expiry temporarily from MoM based on that?

Th answer is NO to both questions:
- You cannot continue work after your EP expires.
- You cannot extend the EP while another work pass application is ongoing.

I see. Thanks. Then I need to go on SVP ?

Challenge in that case would be that, since 1 appeal would be pending(assuming the afore mentioned scenario) , the DP application for which spouse is eligible, cannot be submitted either since there is 1 ongoing appeal.

Complicated scenario but is there any way to extend SVP also in that case?

Obviously no intention to leave SG in midst of Covid specially when DP eligibility is there.

You (and your dependents) will automatically get a 30 days SVP after expiry or cancellation of your work pass. This SVP is not extendable (except for medical reasons or if the pandemic allows no travel to your country).