Life in the city

Hi can you give me advice as to life in kula lumper ?

[Post under review]

Not a lot to do for retirees in KL. Most live on Penang island

Thanks for that I have not visited KL before and maybe taking up a management position in one of the big hotels just wanted some info on what's to do with free time and what's nice to do locally and just general information that would be helpful?
Charles

Hi no I will be working so it's not retiring it's just what to do with free time and get more general information on KL whilst living their ?
Charles

Most people end up in the gym and swimming pool in spare time. Travel in the region is quite easy for longer time off. I lived in KL for 5 yrs before moving up to Penang. Klcc used to be quite exciting with evenis all the time but no longer like that. Events are mostly in putrajaya now. When you say KL it depends if you are talking about the suburbs. There is musical culture at Dewan Fillharmonikunder the twin towers plus a bit of theatre in English. Jazz at No Black Tie plus annual festival. I would say KL is largely a drinking and eating environment plus of course shopping. The types and needs of tourists has changed and klcc mainly caters for them rather than residents. There is still plenty of sleeze around  in the nightspots.

Thanks for providing more information on your reason to move to KL, it actually helps quite a bit in understand your initial question.

Thee is actually an awful lot of things to do in KL and the surrounding areas. In KL itself of course exploring the different areas such as Chinatown, visit the Lake Gardens and the KL Bird Park and Butterfly Park, and there are many areas very nearby such as Taman Rimba Ampang, Genting Highlands, Hulu Langat where they have something akin to a traditional village, river, waterfalls etc and beyond is Rawang and further is Frasers Hill which has some treks through the wooded areas and some nice places to have lunch or even play golf.

Heading southwest are Port Dickson and further south Melaka which are both nice places to visit on the coast. Melaka is about a two hours drive away and worth reading up on because it has a lot of history.

There are also several golf clubs in KL and the surrounding areas. And one of the best things to do in KL is eating and shopping.

I actually think it would be impossible to get bored in KL.

Hi Thanks for that I will ask a few more questions over next few days I hope that's ok
Regards charles