National insurance contributions

Hi everyone, I understand that if you live full time in Bulgaria you have to pay national insurance contributions I'm a 61 year old male from the UK who has taken early retirement does anyone know the weekly/monthly cost of the contributions. Many thanks CJ

Don't think you have to pay it if you don't work. But you may have to buy health insurance.

On the NAP and NZOK websites it says that people with long-term residence (identified as you have an ЕГН, not a ЛНЧ) are supposed to pay into the health fund unless they are part of a reciprocal health fund (As in, you're paying into another EU fund.)

There are a few reasons you wouldn't pay: if you're disabled or receiving social assistance, for example.

The minimum monthly fee is 20.80 lev for 2018 if you have no income. I think you pay at NAP, not 100% sure. If you have income from renting out a property or something similar, the cost can be more.

Yes I agree I will definitely need personal medical insurance thank you.

Thank you another piece of the puzzle 😁 I have a very small personal pension so financially not to much to worry about thanks for the information.