Any of your children attending Wood School and willing to carpool?

Hi, my kids (grade 5 and 7) will be moving to Ubud in July and wondering if anyone here has children attending Wood School in Pejeng. I understand they do not have a school bus and was informed parents usually hire a driver to get their children to school and back. How much does a driver cost these days and, to be more cost-efficient, is anyone here willing to pool together for the next school year?

The majority of schools I've had dealing with either provide a school bus or recommend local drivers, that or parents get into groups and hire a driver.
Your best bet is to contact the school and ask.

[email protected]

I haven't had as many dealings with schools in Indonesia as Fred has.

But the two schools that my kids have gone to don't have school buses and don't recommend drivers. We have asked since it takes a half hour to driver them to school and 45 minutes to an hour to drive them back. Finally we had to buy a second car and have someone drive the kids to school and pick them up. But of course you could ask at the school office about other parents who might be willing to work something out.

I use to have three kids attending the Bali International School in Sanur but at that time we were living on Jl, Danau Tamblingan so it was just a 5 - 10 minute drive to drop them off at school.

I have no dealing with schools in Bali but I have been to many in other areas of Indonesia, all sharing the same traits as far as school transport goes. As my daughter is moving schools and my son will start school shortly, this question is one I've been exploring over the last few months.
Every school we've looked at has its own buses (usually Luxio or similar, but some with larger vehicles) and/or they recommend private drivers.
Not one was without some sort of service.
As I have yet to visit Bali, I suppose it's possible schools there leave parents to fend for themselves, but every private school I've visited in Java have services of some sort.

Thank you for the advice, Fred. Reached out to Wood School earlier and they did say that they do not have a school bus and that most parents hire a driver to take their children to school and back. Your suggestion to request for recommendations from the school could help and will ask them when I meet the director of Wood School in May. I also understand the school is smaller compared to other IS schools and is relatively new too. Hopefully there are children who are enrolled for the entire year like my children will be so there will be parents in this forum who might also recommend or reach out. Cheers!

Our good friends in Ubud are sharing a driver with some other parents and some of the children attend different schools. Hopefully you can find something similar as apparently it works out really well and is very cheap.

Thank you for this! This is really helpful to know too if it happens in Ubud. Would you mind sharing which schools your friends have placed their children in?

Hi there,

I just saw your thread and thought to say hello and find out whether you found a solution re carpooling?

We've just moved to Ubud and my daughter starts at Wood School on Jan 28th - year 7 - so I'm keen to connect with other families, and also interested in potentially carpooling.

I'd love to hear from you. Thank you!

Hi Neighbour! Will get back to you within a few days on WA.