Spass rejected but now apealing

hi to all specially to mr. surya and beppi.i was an WP holder for 6 months in SG currently im here in Philippines and waiting for my Spass to be approved. last april 23,2018 my pass got rejected for the following reason:
1. there is big increase in salary
**because im just earning 1k and im just holding WP and now applying for Spass and the company offerd me 2600 because on SAt it says that im eligible in that.and the company will pay me the amount they declare.
2. Mom is asking for my payslip and bank statement during my stay. the problem is i just have payslip because the small restaurant ive been working is only paying me in cash basis together with the Payslip.

my question is
1, can my new employer say that the past restaurant ive been working giving salary tru cash basis? if yes, what documents can i give to them in support for the payslip. ? 

thankyou for response of anyone, it will be big help..

You already know the query thrown at you and your new employer by MoM.

Below are two points need to be addressed with valid rationale:

1. Provide the pay slips & bank statements of your last 6 months drawn salary - If in your last employer didn't provide you pay slip then you can provide the agreement where you were said to receive $1000 in each month. Then, inform to MoM that you were receiving salary in the form of cash. So, you don't have bank statement where you can show as proof.

2. Current employer is offering $2600 in each month - This is the 160% hike from your last drawn base salary, which is simply unbelievable but possible. Why and how it's possible, your new employer should provide the valid rationale to MoM on why and how in order MoM to accept. Good luck

thankyou so much surya.. my employer told me that they have to decrease the offer from 2600 to 2300, because at the first sentence is “we have noted a significant increase on the salary of the applicant compared to her last drwan salary”  then they pass a letter in which they told the reason why they need me in their company.would you think decreasing my salary will give mom to give a chance for my application to be success? because it seems that mom doesnt want to give me high salary..

Are you the same person posting & responding in two different names?

Decreasing salary will exploit your case to big NO. MoM will understand that the employer is playing with them. How come employer didn't assess your salary offering prior to role out $2600? Either the employer should provide the justification to pay you $2600 or back out from appeal. Now a days, MoM is strict and this kind of things makes more suspicious in MoM eyes.

Chances are very low at present for MoM to alter their decision, unless your employer provides valid rationale. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

2. Current employer is offering $2600 in each month - This is the 160% hike from your last drawn base salary, which is simply unbelievable but possible. Why and how it's possible, your new employer should provide the valid rationale to MoM on why and how in order MoM to accept. Good luck

Hello Surya, this may be totally unrelated, but I wanted to ask. I suppose a 160% hike from the last drawn salary (in Singapore) is quite unbelievable--but what if the SG offer is a 160% hike from your last drawn salary in a low-cost country? I've always wondered what a "reasonable" or "believable" hike is (at least from MOM's perspective).

That's absolutely fine if you were drawing $1k in a lower income country then its justified that you can get a 160% hike in one of the highest income per capita country like Singapore.

See, in your case it's fine if you got this hike from your last drawn salary $1k which was way below to the lowest income salary range in Singapore. I didn't say that MoM won't accept any rationale about salary offered to you. I'm trying to tell you that your employer should provide a valid rationale to tell MoM that why your employment is so important to their company and justify the salary offered to you (But lowering earlier offered salary is a very negative point and MoM won't accept).

I have a similar problem but mine is about 60% salary hike. My spass application is still pending but just want to know if 60% is too high?

Think for my experience, whatever salary hike I got is just catching up with the current market rate.

wallstreet15 wrote:

I have a similar problem but mine is about 60% salary hike. My spass application is still pending but just want to know if 60% is too high?

Think for my experience, whatever salary hike I got is just catching up with the current market rate.

60% hike? Without any further explanation it's difficult to say. As I said earlier, it depends on from where you come from.

Or you are saying that got 60% hike from your previous job in Singapore?

Yes from my previous job in Singapore. But in reality, that's the current market rate. It's just that I stayed in my previous jobs for a couple of years and the increase in salary isn't that much yearly.

So, you were underpaid in your existing company.

Your new employer has to justify with valid rationale. If offered salary is as per market rate then should be ok. Good luck