Long term stay

I'm getting ready to move to the Philippines and need to know the best way to stay without renewing a visa every 30 days.

Good topic !look fwd to viewing replies !

Being an Aussie (or many overseas countries) and married to a Filipino you have the privilege of coming into the country with a BB visa that lets you stay for 12 months before you must leave the country for 3 days.  For this visa your wife/ partner must be coming in with you.  After 3 months i applied fora 13A visa. Probationary one for 12 months which will cost app 10kl pesos.  After 9 months you apply for the Permanent one which will cost about the same. Every January you must fill in the paperwork and pay 300 pesos but dont be late or the penalty is huge.  The downside of the 13A visa is if you want to return home it will cost you app 5,000 pesos. Seems to increase all the time.  I have not left in 3 years so do not know the correct amount you will be charged on leaving.  Upon returning your 13A visa will continue. This is the visa i was advised to have and it works for me. Hope it helps. Your visa will be renewed after 5 years but understand the amount you will be charged will not be huge. If anyone has had their 13A visa renewed i would like to know the cost. There is another visa but for that you would have to deposit US$ 10,000.00.  Have forgotten the name.