Any problems with buying a 1-way ticket to enter Brazil?

Hi everyone!
First Id like to say how much i appreciate everyones help!  Its a great forum!

My question is:
My friend is coming to visit me in brazil from the UK(doesnt need a visa) and bought a 1 way ticket because she wants to carry on in S America after...but isnt sure where yet.
Is there a problem with entering Brazil without a return ticket? 
And...would it help to buy a bus ticket to Argentina as a low cost insurance policy just in case?
Thanks in advance!

The only problem she may have is with the airline. I have never been asked for a return ticket. About insurance definitely get some.

Jim

I also entered Brazil with a one way ticket (to live here!) and had zero problems. Just make sure her airline will let her board the plane. But if she doesn't need a visa to enter, it should be fine :)

Thanks people!
From what Ive read its the airline, not customs that can make trouble...Ill consult with them...😊

I hope she checked the prices before she bought a one-way ticket.  I came last time to stay, but bought a round trip ticket and pocketed the return, because it was $400 cheaper than a one-way.   Strange are the ways of airline pricing!

The best way to get a one way ticket at the best price is with airline miles. I made may trips here on one way ticket no problem.

I have entered Brazil a couple of times from the US once and once from Italy with a one way ticket, no issues

Thanks everyone...
Usually I think Airlines dont ask...but another friend came on TAP w a one way ticket and was asked about it...
Do u think buying a bus ticket from Foz to Argentina, plus a nice printed itinerary will work?  My friend wont overstay...only she just doesnt know where shes going after Brazil yet...

It was required by the airlines I flew with to Brazil for my first visit, and my permanent visit ( I used the return for a family funeral, the airline credited the unused portion of permanent stay ticket for the funeral) I called the airlines to work out the bereavement flight. The first attendant I spoke with was Brasilaria, I explained my situation and status of current processed  documents for Permanent  Residence  a note from the Federal Police, it's the "White Paper"?, the one that covers all things until final processing, and she began to tell me of her 10 year marriage to a  American and I needed to buy a 3 way Ticket (lol)  after let's say her name was Mrs. Yada Yada BlahBlahBlah(smh)  she was so proud of living in Atlanta the cess pool of Georgia (lol) I was born in Georgia so I can call Atlanta a cess pool, her marriage to a Northe Americano/North American Gringo yada,yada ( I get jabs in when I can/ rotfl) . I explained my status as she became "The Honey Badger" and we all know the "The Honey Badger " Don't Care" (see the youtube video) . I happen to have a Federal Police Officer as a neighbor ( my wife's girlfriends roommate ) and the luck of a higher power he works at the Airport (lucky boy I be) he gave my wife the rules "White Paper" travel permitted no necessary 3 way ticket, the ticket Mrs. Yada was requiring me to purchase from Brazil to US return to Brazil return to US, the conversation lasted 20 minutes (it was toll free) frustration I am trying to go to my mom's funeral. I hung up  I should have gotten her real name, her new name Mrs. Misinformation (lol) we know how the phone called ended . I called the next day talked to a American Agent, she processed the refunderlying from the Original Round Trip ticket for Permanente Residence , booked the flight  and apologized for the misinformation, I paid the full fare and recieved a refund after my return to Beautiful Belem. That's my  story. To add fuel to this fire, it is my understanding "One must Show Onward Travel from Brazil, Customs does not care, yet you must show you are leaving Brasil by dogsled, bus or air to anywhere, yet one must exit Brazil and have proof of return airfare or a ticket showing that she will leave Brasil to go somewhere. I have read of people with a oneway ticket purchasing bus passage to another country off the Internet and that serves as proof you will leave Brasil.  I recommend your friend purchase a ticket over the web(bus,train or airfare to a different country, be able to email the receipt and itenary in case the airlines or customs ask and your friend should be good to visit.....and travel as desired.

Thanks Alascana!
I can SURE relate to misinformation, Brazilian style!😣  we'll go with a bus ticket and a nice itinerary printed up!😊

:):/:cool::thanks: now  :sleep