Moving to Kalamata next week

Hi, my name is Sue.  I am moving to Kalamata next week and wanted to connect with other expats there for an exchange of information as well getting together in a social settings.  Will be happy to receive any help and quideance that is offered.

thanks, Sue

I can't really help you with expat contacts in Kalamata, but be sure to visit Mystra, the old Byzantine city near Sparta. It was the last capital of the Empire after the fall of Constantinople in 1453.

Hi Sue,
I'm currently waiting for my interview with the Greek Consulate in Chicago on the 17th. My plan, should all go well, is to reside in Kalamata. Keep in touch and hopefully I will see you there.

thats awesome  i'm glad that part is done   lets get together when you get to Kalamata and see if we can help each other  When are you planning on arriving?

I can't give you a firm date until I talk to the Consulate. I'm hoping for June1. I'm really looking forward to this whole process being done and I'm on my way. I was thinking I would fly into  London then take the train to Athens.
Dale

I've been here a week now.  And I've learned a lot.  Make sure they do your visa for one year then all you need to get is a tax certificate. Lots more to share. It's beautiful here.

Sue

Are you working or retired? I'm currently trying to get the “financial independent “ visa. My interview with the Chicago Consulate is in two days. Anything special I should looking for or asking?

Dale

Dale, did you receive your visa? Just wondering since you haven't posted anything.
Sue

Hi, or should I say Yia Sou!
I will be arriving in Athens on Saturday 6/2,..staying until Tuesday. I will be arriving in Kalamata on Tuesday, hopefully . Not sure if I should fly or go by bus. Did you fly straight to Kalamata or Athens? Know of a good hotel to stay at until I find a place to live? Sorry for so many questions. Looking forward to meeting you and will see you next week.
A future Expat,
Dale

glad to hear you're coming.  You'll need to take the bus  flights don't seem like an option.   I maybe be able to help with a place to stay,  I am moving to an apt (in the same building as My Airbnb) this week and I don't think this is rented (same owner)  I can ask if your interested.  Its a studio one street off the main beach road. 

I had originally rented this for two months.

Looking forward to meeting ;you

Sue

Hi Sue,
As I was researching travel options, it seems your right. The bus is probably the best option. I saw that there is a taxi that drives to some resort area nearly everyday. Pretty spendy though.
It looks like the bus only runs to Kalamata once a week (Monday) but don't quote me on that. Either way I'll be there next week.
Thanks for the offer with apartment help. I need a 2+ bedroom. According to my cousin they will be visiting before summers end. They will be followed by other family members. Maybe I should start up a travel agency. Course they'd all want a discount.
I'll stay in touch. Hopefully the riots in Athens will be over by Saturday! See you soon.
Dale

Hi Sue,
I made it to Kalamata yesterday and the whole trip went well. I'm looking at an apartment this morning at 10 on Agnostara Street. 2 bedroom. Hope things are going well for you. My email address is *** if you'd rather you it instead of the forum.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thats great  let me know if you anything.  maybe we can get together later today or dinner.

My greek cell is ***

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Are you trying to call me  I'm sorry I forgot I can't take call unless they originate in Greece   if it's you  do you want to get together   email  s***

Hi Sue,
I know it's been a while since you arrived to Kalamata and hopefully your transition was smooth. I also live in Kalamata; would you like to meet for coffee one day after the holidays have passed?  I'm an American who moved here last March and live here with my husband and two boys.  I work from home so it's been a bit difficult connecting with people.  Kales Yiortes!  Kim

Hi Kim  That would be lovely.  I'm leaving on Sunday for Paris and will be back after the 30th.  I know what your are saying about meeting people, I haven't had much luck with Americans either.  Where do you live?  I'm down by the Beach  on Santa Rosa.  Since I am retired and single I'll leave it up to you to decide when a good time is.  I can introduce you to two other Americans here.  One man that I connected with on expat.com that arrived last june,

Hope to talk to you soon

Sue

Hi Sue,
A belated Kali Xronia!  I hope your holidays and trip to PAris were good.  I'd love to meet for coffee; what day/time is good for you?  If the weather's nice, how about Athanasiou on NAvarinou?
Kim

sure  when is good for you

How about Athanasiou, Friday 1pm. Does that work for you?

Yes that would be great  I look forward to meeting you

Super. Athanasiou next to the port. I will likely be wearing an olive green jacket.
See you Friday!