Looking to make friends also to find some casual work in between jobs

Hi All, I am from the Uk, I a married a Mauritian girl, we lived in the uk  for a while then moved here.
Looking to make some friends out here really, as I know few people apart from family over here.
I work in the film industry in post production, ( sound, mixing etc) amongst other things, so in between my film/media work it would be useful to pick up some other bits of work. Wouldn't know where to start on that really. I have lectured in the Uk and Use before, and also do psychological workshops/lectures fro branding and marketing as I also have a degree in psychology.

be good to get some advise etc

Hi Alex, I'm a British Expat who moved to Mauritius last year and have had the same issues as you in relation to meeting people and so on.  Have a look at the British Expats thread there is on here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=766243  A meetup is being planned and I will let you know some more details about it soon.   

Nigel

You better check out on the forum - the admin normally have a get-together for all expats