Banned from oman

Hello everybody, i ve a complicated question.. a friend of mine has been absconded, after a while he went to the police and of course he paid 400 rial fine and 10 days in jail. this is the story: he didn go
to work  because of his sponsor wasn t that honest and AFTER 3 moths they both made a deal so he got the NOC. but, previously the sponsor went to the police to report him so even if he had noc after 3 months, for the authority he was absconding. now this guy is back to his country (after being in jail) and on his passport there is only the exit stamp (trying to upload a pic but i can t from my pc.. only link???). shouldn t they add the BANNED stamp too? i would like to know if there are any chances he can come back to oman seen that he has noc. or seen he went to jail he can t come back at least not less than 2 years? or, where can i ask information here in muscat to be sure about his situation? thank you

Hi Dr.Gonzo,

Any expatriate who gets on the wrong side of the law, is caught, proven guilty in the court of law, and is incarcerated, automatically becomes ineligible for a re-run -- whether or not the person was jailed for the right or wrong reasons.

Usually, such convicted expatriates have their passports visibly stamped to prevent a return. But perhaps, now the authorities have done away with such barbaric practices and have only made it digital ??

The most authoritative reference check can be had at the ROP, or even at the Ministry of Manpower. They will guide you on what can and cannot be done, in such cases, as per the current laws of the land.

Thank you Sumitran! i knew you were 'The Man'  :D