Local marriage

Is there any Bruneian living or coming to HCMC has or can advice marriage with local Vietnamese Muslim woman?
What are step to be taken to avoid scam marriage?
How can the woman family be trusted?

Would be glad to get advice from Experience Expat especially from Brunei

Sounds like this is an arranged marriage, which may be within your own traditions.  It should be as trustworthy as the one who made the arrangement.

Have you actually met the woman and her family?

Met parent only. Wonder how this can be trusted since the woman has not shown interest.

Run........you could be heading for disaster.

You'd better think twice before making any decision.

run fast

MarkinNam wrote:

run fast

....full two-forty!

I think we need to be a little more cautious about our cultural perspectives with respect to arranged marriage.  I don't know about Muslims in Vietnam but arranged marriage is the norm in large parts of the world, particularly South Asia.   Until relatively recently, a larger percentage of marriages of people of all faiths in Vietnam were arranged to some extent.  Of course an arrangement can vary from an introduction followed by a long courtship, to meeting each other on the wedding day which is the extreme.   I believe that there are statistics that indicate that in Western countries, arranged marriages are actually more stable than romantically based marriages.

My own reticence in this case would be that the matchmakers seem to be the girl's parents rather than a third party.  They may have a motive to "marry her off" particularly if they feel she is getting old by their cultural standards.  The OP should at least demand a face-to-face meeting before agreeing to anything.  It could be that after meeting, she finds him an unacceptable mate rather than the other way around.

Thanks Mate

Thanks Mate

You are right

Will keep that in mind

Good advise, i'm vietnamese and my suggestion is just meet her family, then you will feel by your self that it a scam or not. Cant 100% sure but i think it will work some way