Recommendation for 1 BR Apartment in a Western Compound

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with 1 BR apartments in Western Compounds in Riyadh.  I have seen the websites for Arizona, California, Al Nakhla, and Al Bustan.  I have also seen the website for the new one, Wadi Qortuba.  I am particularly interested in Al Nakhla, Al Bustan, and Wadi Qortuba, but was wondering if anyone had experience with living there or pricing.  I appreciate any feedback!

Al Bustan is particularly good.  This is a huge compound with literally everything e.g. hotel, gym, restaurants, bowling alley, shops and even eateries like burger king. Heavy security and entering as a visitor is a pain but from a resident standpoint, that is a good thing.  On the downside, it is a bit outside the main city being closer to the airport and very expensive (probably one of the few compounds in Riyadh that hasn't gone down in price).  There is not much likelihood of you being able to negotiate prices as the demand is very high for it.   I don't know the price for a 1 bed but for a 3/4 bedroom villa, the prices used to range from 350/400K SAR to 600K or so.

Thanks @XTang!  I've heard that it's quite expensive at Al Bustan.

Al bustan is great for families but not for singles

Arcadia Compound is a small compound very well located and 1 br is only 65k per year.

Thanks @SydTon and @afernandez72.  I'm mostly looking for a compound with a lot of amenities (large gym, store) internally.  I've read that Al Nakhla and Al Bustan (as well as California and Arizona) had the most.   I'll keep your comments in mind for sure, though!

I was in Almasayf complex yesterday, 1BR for 50K. Very quiet and small building but I think it is overpriced.

Hey,

Wadi  is brand new and has no one living there and nothing is open yet.... plus security is non-existent. Al Bustan is good but extremely expensive and not worth the cost. Al Nakhla has very nice facilities but the 1 bed units are very small and dark....

Hope this helps

@BigRudy.  Thanks for the information!  I haven't been impressed with Wadi so far.  They are very slow on responses and inquiries.

Do you have the contact info for wadi compound management as i failed to Find it online thank you