Family visa extension

Sir,
I am living in Oman with family. Now I got job in UAE. I am going to cancel my employment visa here in Oman. The question is, can my family stay in oman for few more months as kids are going to school and they are in middle of the term. Family has valid visa till next 1 year and a half. Or their visa also gets cancelled automatically upon cancellation of my visa?

Hi Cpatel,

It is entirely up to your employer to allow or disallow your family form staying beyond your tenure.

... "middle of the term ..." now ?? Wonder what schools your kids are in, as it is summer time and the summer holidays are upon schools.

Thank you Sumitran. Is there any specific procedure to follow either by me or by my employer with Immigration(assume that my employer is willing to allow my family to stay here).?

I am yet to resign, by considering long notice period and upcoming summer vacation, my kids have to complete first session of this academic year here only. my daughter being in the 10th grade, I was exploring the possibility if she can continue here without much of the disturbance.

Hi Cpatel,

Since the resident card is valid for some more time to come, your family can continue just as they are now.

When they are ready to leave Oman, your company PRO can go with them to the airport and get their dependent visas cancelled just before their departure from Muscat.