Work in Dominican

Hi,
My husband and I are currently looking into moving to Dominican Republic and would love to know what the likelihood is of finding work? I am a dog groomer and have also done 19 years as an office manager/ PA. I have some limited knowledge of Spanish but I am learning more.
Hubby is an Area manager / Sales person but doesn't speak any other languages. He is also an ex martial arts teacher. Black belt.

If not likely, then is there potential to buy additional properties to rent out to get an adequate monthly income?

Appreciate any advice!
Thanks,
Nicky

Right now you have many speed bumps in your road. I suggest, at this time to take the latter course.  That would give you time to obtain your residence, learn Spanish & find work that fits your qualifications.  The easiest way to learn the language is also fast & inexpensive. I was so impressed by it , that I tell everyone about it. Here on the North Shore are many opportunities for buying for rental or short term airbub type thing. PM me for more info on each.  Welcome & feel free to read all the threads & ask questions. This site is rife with answers.

Welcome to the forums. Lots to learn here in the various threads.

To work legally you neex residencia. Dog groomers are not in high demand. Office manager without fluent spanish is a tough sell and would pay about 400 US a month maybe.

Your husbands options are limited unless he wants to try timeshare sales.

It would be much easier to buy real estate to rent but i suggest visiting for 6 months as this would be a huge commitment.

Planner is correct.  Spending time here will give you an idea of the potential of your goals.  Never ever jump into a "deal" without knowing all that you can. A couple of friends of mine rushed into a situation that they weren't quite ready for. They had expected an source of money that was delayed unexpectedly.  They lost the the properties as well as their deposits.  Caution is the by-word in any transaction.  Take your time & enjoy the learning experiences. Welcome once again.

Yes please come and spend 6 months or so exploring the country and your options.  Pay here is very low and as Planner said you need your residency and cedula to work here legally.
I think you will find your options very limited.

Bob K

Thanks Bob I don't know how you have all managed with pay so much lower than living costs! I fell in love with Dominican Republic the first time I visited. Due back in July for 4th time.

Not giving up, will look into a six month stay to see what our best options are.

Thanks again