Hi how do kuwaitis treat indians

Hello

Recently iam offered a university  job in kuwait, Iam an Indian educated in Europe  and i heard Kuwaiti , do not respect Indians and man handles  them .  after hearing this iam scared to take up job offer.  any reflections .Secondly does Kuwait have good schools and is a salary of 2000 dinar plus education allowance fair enough

Indians are treated like crap, and Indians usually accept the abuse they get. They apologise and don't show their anger to any abuse or mistreatment because they are fearful of their job. 2000KD is more than enough you'll be living like a king. Indians make no way near that. The taxi drivers share a room of 8 people in a 2 bedroom flat. They have a tough life. I have on the other hand met many lovely Kuwaiti people. Not all Kuwaitis treat them like crap but a lot of bedoon people do.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort in penning the reply

Look, there are certain factors that you need to be clear on and accept when you move to the GCC.  There is rampant discrimination based on your nationality and ethnicity. It is not necessarily just straightforward racism and bad treatment but also discrimination in terms of the types of jobs, salaries and benefits that you can get.

The intensity varies country by country but generally speaking, Saudi and Kuwait are two of the most discriminatory.  Below is a thread where we had some discussions around these topics for Saudi in the past.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=757076

And I am not saying that there aren't exceptions; there are some very nice people around.  I am referring to the overall aspect vs. exceptions.

Thank you for the information

This is a very strange question because not all kuwati people are the same and there are good and bad people everywhere.

Kuwait is not perfect but where is

Kuwait is expensive by where isn't

I say better put your fears to the side and try Kuwait

Entire gulf is full of labour class, so if you do not behave or dress up differently, you have high chances of getting 'less respect' than expected. However, it does not mean Kuwaitis misbehave with Indians. in general, it is not true, most Indians roam about freely without trouble. Yet while driving you will find most Kuwaitis doing the rash driving and stopping the entire traffic for their motorsports. Police have no ethics, if they catch especially women, they will do anything one can imagine...if the women end up going to the police station or jail, several police officer will rape her...
In fact, even UAE is not so aloof in such cases, though considered better. I know a lady she wears Black Muslim scarfs just because she had experienced misbehaviors from locals in the past, includign Police. In Oman i have seen taxi drivers casting remarks on ladies not in Burqah, ing with Indians in public. Several such incidents of KSA have been heard. worst in fact. i heard a labours wife was kidnapped by an employer and he was forcefully sent back to Bangladesh his country. Two such incidents from two different people heard. Gulf is not safe for women, safe for men until you are caught into something fishy. you have no voice against locals for sure, in case you are victim, police favours local. so is in Kuwait. Despite all that millions of expat work in gulf without much problem, so try your luck, do not be carried away by such information.

I think you went off topic and into anecdotal, unverified and biased accounts of life in the Gulf.

While it is a fact that there is discrimination against people from the sub-continent in every manner from behavior to jobs; it is not correct that Gulf is unsafe for women.  In fact, some countries are probably the safest in the world for women to live and work in alone e.g. UAE, where a woman can walk alone  in the middle of the night without fear.  I don't think that is possible in even central London and definitely not in the sub-continent where the stories of gang rapes are coming out every other month.

And I am sorry but catcalling of women by cab drivers does not define safety but is indicative of a mindset. This is something I have observed throughout the world, from minicab drivers in London to taxi drivers in Italy.  The only difference is that it is less in the Gulf and does not escalate to physical harassment which it would 100% in a place like India for example - plus in most countries in the GCC, the police takes immediate action on complaints by women related to events like these; I have personally observed this happen in UAE, Saudi, Bahrain and Oman where the guys got into trouble for this.

Also when you talk about rapes in police custody, can you please paste links of news reports that have covered those?   or is it something that only you have heard?  either way, even if something like that has happened in the past; the likelihood of this is much higher in the sub-continent than most of GCC.

There might be a few exceptions here and there but exceptions are present everywhere in the world.  You need to look at the overall sample.   I have personally lived and worked in most of the GCC countries as well as elsewhere in the world and I can tell you from my observation that these countries are by far, among the safest in the world (from the perspective of crime) for both men and women.  Forget my observations, look at the global crime and safety indexes as tailored for both men and women and you will see what I am saying.

Don't confuse safety with rights.  Yes, if you get into a dispute with a local then the local will be favored.  But again, it varies from country to country - as I mentioned before; Saudi and Kuwait are the two countries in the GCC where this is most likely to happen.   Other GCC countries are not the same.  A family member of mine had an accident with a local in UAE and the police took her side and penalized the local.  I have been involved in legal cases as a work requirement being a director in a company in Bahrain vs. locals (and also in Saudi by the way) and at times, been the only expat showing up for hearings in a room full of locals but have always gotten a fair outcome.

So please don't generalize.

bro ,
don't come to kuwait if your salary is very low and you don't have a powerful friends otherwise they will treat you like a street dog as they do with everybody weak.