Orfi cost

hiii
can anyone tell me how much is it for an Orfi Contract in hurghada please ?
thanks in advance :)

It shouldn't cost much
Many templates in arabic are available online
For translation it may cost between between 10 to 20 dollars

it costs about 15 to 20 US dollars in Hurghada

This reply is for people who search the subject, as I hope the original user already figured it all out :)

I looked into this recently. It should not be more than around 1.000 EGP/L.e for the lawyer, if you provide the two witnesses (have to be Egyptian males aged 25 or older)

Traditionally the payment for the contract is made either by the husband or a male "patriarch" of his family like his father or uncle. But it is up to the lawyer what his personal boundaries and/or "rules" are.
You need to provide proof that you are unmarried or divorced from the appropriate government office in your country. It is accepted that the document used as proof of your marital status can be in either English or Arabic. Some lawyers will accept just a copy of divorce papers and your passport. Some require a recent dated statement from your country that states that you on that date is unmarried or divorced.
So... ask the lawyer who you want to use what his rules are. Make an appointment and maybe even send a digital version or picture of the document/s as attached file in an email for pre-approval.

Hope it works out for anyone considering Orfi contract relationships.
Bliss!

/ValuthaDerkins

Double posted for reasons unknown - sorry :)

I paid £700LE for one stamped
💜

Given that an Orfi is NOT a legal document, you are not required to provide any proof of your marital status.
If you were entering into a legal civil marriage then you would require the above mentioned documents.

Lawyers in Hurghada make a lot of money from Orfi marriages, when you can basically buy one 'in the street' for 100LE

Tigerlily3103 wrote:

Given that an Orfi is NOT a legal document, you are not required to provide any proof of your marital status.
If you were entering into a legal civil marriage then you would require the above mentioned documents.

Lawyers in Hurghada make a lot of money from Orfi marriages, when you can basically buy one 'in the street' for 100LE

Hmm you're right but the rules are actually quite strict, even though the documents are easily printed out from the internet. And also, anyone can make a fake contract, sure. I guess it depends on personal preference. I have a somewhat semi-public life in Denmark for example being board member of this and that. If I mess up it's gonna be a potential sh*tstorm.
In my case the lawyer I considered for this has business with Scandinavian people/companies and "the sh*t will hit the fan" for him too if there is some sort of scandal about him and his company Orfi-marrying a lady who turns out to be already married. Maybe not legally but his integrity and image would be damaged in the eyes of some of his clients. Scandinavians as well as locals. Not a lot of political good will towards Orfi-contracts in general.
This is why I wrote that every lawyer probably has different boundaries and "rules". So I would recommend asking the lawyer to be sure.

I'd say it's so cheap that why would you save on this by using someone who happens to have a copy machine in the backroom of a souvenir store and two alley cats as witnesses, unless it's just meant as a sort of "insurance" in case you get caught having sex outside of marriage or want to bring a one night stand into a shady hotel? Not that I think there is anything wrong with one night stands and/or shady hotels and/or alley cats. I'm from Scandinavia... we're pretty liberal here, and I butt our and leave it up to a higher power to judge, since I'm definitely not qualified to measure sin or inappropriate behaviour.

But you're absolutely right Tigerlily :)

/Maria

There are other costs I hadn't considered fully until a conversation I had with a lady last Friday.

Women in these marriages are commonly viewed as prostitutes.

Pregnancies happen and the father commonly does a disappearing act, leaving the women to whatever happens

As these contracts have no force in law anywhere in the world, the lady has no way to force the father to support any children at the end of the contract

Children may face lifelong difficulties in some countries with legal documentation, even their own future marriages.

This again is partly true.

The following is kept simple. I would advise anyone to google and talk to lawyers and countrymen and investigate thoroughly before deciding is this is for you or not.

The Orfi contract is used for a variety of situations. Depending very much on the "mix" of the Orfi-spouses (in lack of better word). In my case the Man would probably be the one thought of as the "prostitute" by someone who does not know the details about our relationship.
We get pass to rent an apartment in some compounds where we are both allowed through security only because we have an Orfi contract. I am European and my Man is Egyptian.

With a copy of the Orfi contract in hand a woman has a far better chance to get her case heard in family court in case of offspring the "husband" rejects as his own. The Orfi shows intent of marriage in which case the woman is able to start a paternity investigation.

The use of the Orfi contract also varies a lot from region to region. In Luxor for example the "use" of these contracts are slightly different from say Hurghada or Sharm el Sheik. The local police as well as the officers at check points also have instructions from their local bosses about how to handle Orfi couples. In the end the individual officers' personal opinion about these things also matter. Sometimes it is necessary to ask the officer to make a call to the non-Egyptian wife's embassy or consulate to get them to back off with their crumbled eyebrows, harsh language, tough attitude and to get them to put down the gun.

In my case we originally felt it was necessary to get an Orfi contract simply because we were first business partners and were not able to have a private conversation anywhere else but in public.

There are many reasons why a couple could benefit from an Orfi "marriage".
Another one that is quite common is also for couples who don't want to wait for their parents permission for whatever reason, to tell the family after the contract is made that it is too late to take it back, and the family is somewhat pressured into accepting the next step; A legal marriage.
So in this case it is a bit of a half way "western" engagement arrangement. With the obvious difference that the couple is able to be alone - and even intimate if they so choose - without breaking too many "rules" - not laws.

It's not "black and white" (no pun intended) with this.

And last but not least.
It is used widely in tourist areas like Hurghada and Sharm El Sheik by young men who engage into sexual relationships with western, often older and often white women as a sort of "rented bed fellow".

So - follow your gut feeling. Don't give a flying fart about what other people who don't matter to you think it is or not. Make as sure as you can that you're not being conned. That would be my advise.

Meant in the best way possible :)

/Maria

Good Evening , can you please tell me where i can I buy the orfi papers online .? Thank you

Just search on google you will find it ..
Print it out and use it.... that's all

Fred wrote:

There are other costs I hadn't considered fully until a conversation I had with a lady last Friday.

Women in these marriages are commonly viewed as prostitutes.

Pregnancies happen and the father commonly does a disappearing act, leaving the women to whatever happens

As these contracts have no force in law anywhere in the world, the lady has no way to force the father to support any children at the end of the contract

Children may face lifelong difficulties in some countries with legal documentation, even their own future marriages.

As per my inf., children will named by the father normally and in case of the heir, the children have the normal rights , the main matter is the wife, she do not have any rights

P.S: nowadays ppl write whatever they want on the contract, she may include some issues to save her rights, if she wants so, everything is possible to be written in contracts

Thank you.  So I'm being told by my Egyptian “ boyfriend” to send $900 US to pay for a lawyer for Orfi marriage.  I guess I'm being scammed.  Are there different degrees or levels of Orfi? A “black paper”? Thanks for info in advance.

Yes, sounds like a scam. The orfi marriage is not even legal, just makes the sex halal.  900 usd... not only scam, he is very greedy, sorry to say.

Thanks.  Figured that - changing plans right now.
Thank you .

Had it been 900 EGP it would have made sense, maybe.
The lawyer is not paid in advance either.
My advice; Forget the "boyfriend" and buy yourself a big box of chocolates and a new pair of fancy shoes instead.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
-- Maya Angelou

yes run like hell! Way too much money and also I would never let the guy make the orfi as you never know what they might put into the contract.
If you choose to go down that path with someone else in the future I would suggest going to your own lawyer and have him do the orfi. It must be in English and Arabic and as stated above it is not a legal document.
At one time you could buy an orfi contract in a cafe for 100LE

Thank you for your VERY helpful reply.

Hello,
I think I have some issue related to this post.  I and my French partner have got some problem with her place owner and doorman, they insist to get a copy of my ID because I'm Egyptian and I don't know what gonna happen after especially we are not married yet. do you have any experience with this? what do you recommend?

Thanks,

JustHuman wrote:

Hello,
I think I have some issue related to this post.  I and my French partner have got some problem with her place owner and doorman, they insist to get a copy of my ID because I'm Egyptian and I don't know what gonna happen after especially we are not married yet. do you have any experience with this? what do you recommend?

Thanks,

Egyptian men that are living in, or regularly visiting a European woman would have an orfi contract that they can show the boab or police should they come to their flat.

Police often carry out inspections of apartment buildings in Hurghada to check on the documents of the residents to make sure that Europeans living with Egyptians are married.

You would be wise to get an orfi and make copies of it and also your ID so that you can give it to authorities or you are risking arrest.