Visa renewal

Am residing in muscat. My father haa become 60 years old in last january.His employment visa will expire on coming june.will his visa will be renewed???currently he is working as a merchandiser in a company

Hi Fayida,

Though there is an age limit for retirement for expatriates, it is not always strictly enforced.

If the sponsor / employer pulls the required strings (a.k.a. 'Wasta') requesting that the person in question be granted an extension for another 2-years, depending on the effectiveness of the 'pull' the extension may be granted.

Now a days omanisation has become very strict..will that affect renewal??

Hi Fayida,

Indeed yes.

Lately, the authorities are seriously clamping down on the number of expatriates. And there were some news reports too sometime back that henceforth, extensions would not be given under any circumstance to those expatriates who have attained the retirement age. But then this report cannot be considered as final.

What does your father's company say about his visa renewal ? His company PRO must be more informed about the subject than us, for sure.

First of all sorry for being late...                                      the company is willing to renew the visa.all the paperworks and medical test is done for the application of the visa.but the problem is the approval of the application by embassy.will the embassy approves the visa and is it sure the bisa will be renewed????

Hi Fayida,

I am not sure what exactly you are talking about - the Embassy has no role whatsoever in the approval of any application for an expatriate to be appointed.

I meant to say rop

Fayida wrote:

I meant to say rop

... well, then that's a million-dollar question.

Will rop approves visa and will it  be renewed??

I got my renewed labour card..does that mean my visa got renewed?

Once your visa is renewed then only your resident card will be renewed, which means your visa is renewed.

Can anyone pls tell me the age criteria for getting admission in kg1 in indian schools..Also what is the age to get admitted in pre schools???