Are there any chamber music players in Old San Juan?

We are coming down for the month of January.  I am an intermediate viola player and would love to meet other chamber music players who might want to get together.  Please let me know!

Sybil456 wrote:

We are coming down for the month of January.  I am an intermediate viola player and would love to meet other chamber music players who might want to get together.  Please let me know!

I am not sure about the members being chamber players but PR has the Music conservatory and the school of music. You could maybe meet some of the participants. The "Escuela Libre de Musica" was in Hato Rey" the last time I checked and it is a high school.. The conservatory "https://cmpr.edu" I believe is in San Juan proper.

Many eos ago I studied in the "Escuela Libre de Musica", but I could not find a spot in the choir, I had to take instruments instead and I decided not to continue, so I dropped out.

You might be interested in the Pablo Casals museum - hopefully they are open after the storm.

Absolutely!  We expect to be there for most of January also. 
Now, how can I reach you?  I don't know how to use private message on this site - do you?

Thanks,
Sharon

Sybil456 wrote:

Absolutely!  We expect to be there for most of January also. 
Now, how can I reach you?  I don't know how to use private message on this site - do you?

Thanks,
Sharon

Click on the name of the person in any of their posts and use the send message link in their profile to send a private message.

Hello to the person who plays viola!

I don't see your name, and I understand that I need that in order to send a PM.  It's great that you are coming.  I've already checked out some 2 viola music!

BTW, where are you staying?  And where are you from?  I'm from NYC, but we haven't selected a place yet.   Thanks again.

Sharon aka Sybil456

Sybil456 wrote:

Hello to the person who plays viola!

I don't see your name, and I understand that I need that in order to send a PM.  It's great that you are coming.  I've already checked out some 2 viola music!

BTW, where are you staying?  And where are you from?  I'm from NYC, but we haven't selected a place yet.   Thanks again.

Sharon aka Sybil456

I think the person is no longer a member, its post is no longer there, do you remember the name?

we have one of the finest Conservatorios of Music in the world.

https://cmpr.edu/

the original museum in OSJ has been closed for years. they need to go to the conservatorio and post a note or speak to the faculty.

I see.  But I thought it was a recent post.
And someone sent me an email address (which didn't work), but I assumed that was the viola person. 

And I think I made a mistake and thought you were the viola player - sorry!

Sharon

Sharon,

I replied to your personal email you sent me.

Good luck,
Lindy

You may want to attend this Saturday Tchaikovsky concert, at the center of Beautiful Arts in Santurce.

Thanks, Rey, but we are not there yet -- otherwise we definitely would.  However, I appreciate the calendars you've been posting, and if we don't get there before, we will certainly get there in January.
Best wishes,
Sharon

Most classical music I listen to is violin. Love the expression and sound of the instrument. Tchaikovsky is my favorite.

I agree. I started the violin 15 years ago, but after a few months realized it was much too hard to get a nice sound, so I switched to viola -- a more mellow instrument (ie less screeching) and easier parts.  Also a beautiful sound.

I recently met a violinist while out in old San Juan last Thursday night. He played incredibly. The Miramar String Quartet. They also have a trio that perform at smaller venues. Here is a link to their Facebook page: facebook.com/MiramarStringQuartet/