Gifted expat kids

Hello,

I'm thinking of moving to the UAE from U.S.  My child is in a gifted program here.  I am wondering if she will have a high quality of education in the private schools there?  Or is it a mistake to transfer her from a rigorous program?

Tough decision to make

In UAE, as an expat, your choice is really only private schools.  Depending on the school itself, they can range from excellent to so so.  You can find school ratings on the relevant UAE government website.

However, there is nothing here that can compare to a "gifted" program in the west.  The whole concept of gifted education here is at a very early stage.  Those programs that have been laid out are very limited and focused only at UAE nationals. Nothing at all like the specialized rigorous programs that are present in the west.

So the choice is to move her from a gifted program to a good quality private school. Being part of a gifted/talented specialized program is not an opportunity that every kid gets (either they are not gifted or if they are, it's not recognized or no program is available) and personally, I would really weigh my long term priorities if I had to make that choice.

:top: Thank you so much!