Working Permit in Romania queries

Hello Exapt.com Community,

I am pleased to come across this site :)

I am a Tunisian Citizen, I moved to Romania 4 years ago, currently living in Bucharest and working for a multinational Company.

I joined the company in 2010, in Tunisia and then I got relocated to work in the same company in Romania. My total working experience is of almost 8 years.

Being a non EU citizen i needed to apply for a working permit to be able to work and live in Romania. However, i encountered an issue with my academic diplomas (being majored in English language Studies, it is hard to get the working permit to be part of an IT company as the authorities require a diploma in the IT, economic, sales...etc field

I got this solved back then by providing an Employment Certificate from the Company in Tunis together with a business case from the one in Romania stating why they need me in that position and not a local employee. What helped in the process is the fact that i speak Arabic, French and English and that i could cover as many regions as the company wished,

Recently, I discovered that the legislation changed and the authorities have become even more strict when it come to issuing the working permit for a non EU Citizen. Even though, I had an offer from another multinational Company in the IT field, specifically in the sales department the immigration agency advised that my diplomas will not be acknowledged by the government and that I must have a certificate in one of the areas that I have mentioned above.

So basically experience does not count when it reaches the Romanian authorities.

I am looking for short term solution to be able to get the job i am being offered. The new company is trying to build a business case for me. Yet, I am not certain that the authorities will accept my application for the working permit.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Can you work towards getting an approved diploma?

Hello,

Well, i tried but Romanian bureaucracy is quite complex, plus it takes a lot of money and time.

I was hoping to find a solution from a legal perspective..

Thank you !
Emna