Parenting in Kuwait

Hello everyone,

Being a parent can be challenging, and even more so when moving abroad, but it can also be an enriching experience. Tell us more below about your role as a parent in Kuwait.

How are you experiencing your parental role in your new home? Has your move abroad changed anything in your parental perspective or approach?

On a professional level, have you been able to balance your family life and career? How so? Tell us about the benefits that parents can enjoy in Kuwait, such as maternity leave, etc.?

How do you deal with being a parent as an expat, without the support of your extended family in the country?

Do you have any advice on how to introduce the culture in your new country to your children, while maintaining the traditions and customs of your home country?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

in fact this matter is very important for expats. I failed to make balance between my country and this country
one day my son ask me why he should study the history of Kuwait?
I did not find answer to tell him.
so it is nit easy  to make balance between the culture of this country and my country

Hello,

It's not about learning the history of Kuwait, it's about learning the history of the land where you reside, it's about learning from the history. The question what would your son do by learning the history of your home land. Knowledge has no bounds. Enjoy knowledge and learning.

Kuwait is a country whose expats are one of the major building pillar for the developments and progress. Still the core tradition is more of Arabic. Parenting is fun wherever you are. Many international schools, playgroup, baby sittings can be easily found in Kuwait. There are many gyms, swimming pools, martial arts center and many more extra curricular activities institution present in Kuwait.

Also Kuwait is a highly law abiding country & one of the safest country in GCC & even around the globe. So be relaxed your child will have a progressive and safe life here.

what ever you said is correct
sure we like Kuwait too much
but the problems in our kids they prefer to stay in our country so we try to collect soultions for that
thanks

Kids just reflect what the parents think, feel, say. If you are a happy expat in Kuwait, your kids will be happy in Kuwait. So, be happy :)