Health insurance

I am a retired U.S. citizen currently living in Panama, Central America. I'm very much interested in relocating to Croatia and have done extensive investigation through YouTube and expat blogs. The requirements for temporary residency are no problem with one exception; I am 75 years old and am wondering if I can get sufficient medical insurance (required for residency) to meet the requirements. 

Any information will be very much appreciated. Thank you fellow expats.

Ron

For what I've seen here in Croatia so far, you don't really get much help once you retire.... I see lots of retired people searching the trash to find empty glass & plastic bottles to collect the 50 lipa deposit, (100 lipa = 1 kuna) it seems like there's a reliance on family to care for them.
There is a free healthcare system, but unless you've paid into it or from an EU member state that has the European Union Health Card, I think it'll cost.
My impression is you'd need private healthcare insurance Ron... sorry I can't give any solid answer, hopefully someone who knows better will comment.

Found this Ron ...
https://www.expatincroatia.com/why-you- … insurance/

Thank you for your help. However I did come across this before in my search. With a 750 dollar initiation fee they should take anyone healthy enough to walk in the door.