Best Way To Get VND: Bank Transfer or ATM

Hello all,

What would be the best way (considering fees, exchange rates, ...) to transfer a few hundred Australian dollars from my Commonwealth bank account to VND in HSMC?

Thanks

I have used a remit company such as remitly or world remit to transfer money to myself in Philippines over the last 6 weeks. Very easy and cheap compared to using an ATM credit/debit card withdrawal or companies such as Western Union or Moneygram!. You can collect at any branch of a nominated bank usually within an hour or so. Exchange rate is good and fees are low.
Do a dummy run on their web site to satisfy yourself.

Should mention, you can do this using your phone from anywhere, anytime.

nuns wrote:

I have used a remit company such as remitly or world remit to transfer money to myself in Philippines over the last 6 weeks. Very easy and cheap compared to using an ATM credit/debit card withdrawal or companies such as Western Union or Moneygram!. You can collect at any branch of a nominated bank usually within an hour or so. Exchange rate is good and fees are low.
Do a dummy run on their web site to satisfy yourself.

To my knowledge, Remitly is for US citizens only.
World Remit could be an option.

But if you don't have a Vietnamese bank account, cash withdrawals from ATMs are perhaps the cheapest and probably the easiest option.
There are international credit cards that do not charge fees or refund ATM fees (ATM fees are e.g. 45 or 60k Dong and will be displayed on the ATM before the money is withdrawn).
And there are different ATM fees or no ATM fees depending on the ATM bank - credit card combination. The daily ATM withdrawal limit also varies (between 2 and 10 million Dong).

For example, I can withdraw up to 6 million Dong with my VISA card at the HSBC ATMs without ATM fees. And the credit card fees (1.75%) of the VISA card issuer will be refunded to me.

All you have to do is find the right credit card and then try out the various ATMs in Vietnam.