4 month visa

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen but living in Romania (legal resident) and I'm trying to apply for a 4 month visa to Portugal (to begin the residency process) and I've been informed by the Portuguese Embassy in Romania that they "have suspended all Consular Services until further notice" and only provide emergency services to Portuguese citizens. What I found totally bizarre is that they couldn't direct me to another Embassy or Consulate who could help me. I've contacted the Embassy in Hungary (close by) and they said they couldn't process third party requests (only for Hungarian citizens), the Portuguese Embassy in Canada has not replied to me emails, nor could they help on the phone (they directed me to write an email), and the Canadian Embassy in Portugal was equally useless.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Dolfin

My boyfriend is South African and applied to a Golden Visa
We are very happy because we find a very good solicitor in Lisbon, that take care of everything efficiently.
we already got the Visa residency and we also bought a beautiful penthouse in Chiado.
Actually the Administrative and legal  process is very slow and difficult but this Solicitor / Lawyer works very well and is very honest and not expensive, he charges the normal fees for these services.
He Provides services as the Northern European and American way, efficient, direct, fast and honest, which is difficult to find in Lisbon.
All our foreigners friends are coming to live in Lisbon and we use this lawyer and also a real estate  agency only dedicated to expat community. Very professional and efficient.

If you need additional information's, please don't hesitate in contact me:
😊

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct