Apt rentals.

Hello, hola, WE are having a hard time finding the right spot to a be in P,R,...I used to love temp. in San Juan,Santure, but it was way to crazy and dirty for me..But,,hey i loved the people!!..

The right spot depends on your likes and dislikes and your specific situation. If you give us a little more info maybe we can guide you a little better.
Some things to think aboutÑ
a) House or Condo?
b) City, suburb, country side, mountain property or valley or shore?
c) At beach, within 5 miles of beach, 10 miles from beach
d) Do you need schools for kids
e) How is your health? Do you need to be close to a major hospital
f) How is your Spanish
g) Do you want to be surrounded by English speakers, or only a few?
h) Do you like boating, scuba, deep sea fishing, spear fishing, shore fishing?
i) Do you want to farm or are you happy with just house plants and maybe a tree or two?
j) How much you want to pay for a place to live?
k) How close do you need to be from San Juan? -- If you go rarely far is fine, if you go often or daily close is best.

A lot of times you have to think about how often you will to go to a particular place.
There are 78 towns in PR each has its own flavor.
Rey

Ok, same question...but I will post answers. :) My son, 31, adventure seeker, is looking to move to PR within the next 60-90 days.

a) House or Condo?   
Condo, probably for security/ vacancy reasons. Why do they all list $0 as the HOA fee????
b) City, suburb, country side, mountain property or valley or shore?
Likes the beach, nearby would be great (too much $$$ to be on it), city access for fun and entertainment.
c) At beach, within 5 miles of beach, 10 miles from beach
5-10
d) Do you need schools for kids
No
e) How is your health? Do you need to be close to a major hospital
Excellent health. No immediate needs, accident only.
f) How is your Spanish
limited high school Spanish but wants to reinforce and learn. Immersion is great.
g) Do you want to be surrounded by English speakers, or only a few?
Like the culture of experiences, will need English in case of emergency. SAFETY is #1.
h) Do you like boating, scuba, deep sea fishing, spear fishing, shore fishing?
Kayaking, swimming (Olympic pool access is BIG plus)
i) Do you want to farm or are you happy with just house plants and maybe a tree or two?
Brown thumb.
j) How much you want to pay for a place to live?
rent $600/month or buy for $80,000. ??? Flexible a bit...
k) How close do you need to be from San Juan? -- If you go rarely far is fine, if you go often or daily close is best.
Like the thought of being close to the airport to come and go, but really like access to facilities. Olympic pool, good grocery store, restaurants (not 5 star, but "family" food---local flavor is great).

And my question. If I buy a San Juan condo for $75,000, what would that rent for? I am looking for comparison of rent to buy. And what is the range of monthly HOA dues, if it is a condo?

All thoughts/ opinions welcome!

PS. Oh...and INTERNET access for my game addict son. Best available internet connection will be #1 priority.

Based on the above I would suggest a condo in the north-east or east of the island. You can find from 3 bedroom all the way down to efficiency based on your needs. Metro (North-East) has night life which your son may want, however it is more expensive. So SanJuan, Carolina, Canovanas, Loiza, Luquillo, Fajardo are the towns to look at.

There are no olimpic sized swing pools in any of the condos that I am aware of. There was an olimpic pool in the olimpic center many years ago close by the old Normadyhotel but I am not sure if the center is open any more.

Here is a sample listing for 2 bedrooms in the metro area. Prices defer by a lot depending on location and building. Prices on the east of the island are more reasonable. http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UDRen … -+Busqueda

Best is to rent at first, decide where your son wants to live permanently then while still living there, go ahead and buy. As to HOA fees, they are all over the place, the lister may not have remember at the time. A place with a pool would be ideal for when one does not feel like hitting the sea.