Professional Visa for Middle Eastern applicants

Hi you all

I am planning to apply from Iran, in the Middle East. I was wondering if there is anybody who can give me information as regards what needs to be done. I am too confused about the legalization of the documents, apostilles and how I can get all the documents translated since I cannot go to Ecuador in person to do so. From my understanding, there should be an office or Ecuadorian attorney who can have the documents translated and certified for us. Is that so?

Thanks all

Ecuador accepts foreign documents in two ways, either if they are apostilled or if they are certified by an Ecuadorian embassy/consulate abroad. This legalization of documents is to ascertain that the documents are genuine.

Not all countries are part of the Apostille Convention, Canada for instance, so if your country is not part of it then you have to certify your documents through an Ecuadorian consulate. As for translation ask the Ecuadorian consulate that will legalize your documents about that

Hi Medhi,

Although Canada is not part of the Apostille Convention, as a Canadian citizzen, I  did all my paperwork in Canada.  The Ecuadorian Consulate said that my documents had to be first authenticated by Canada's Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development.  Some had to be notarized first.  Then I went to the Consulate and they stamped the documents and made it official.  Also, important for me and easier, I hired a professional translator to translate all my documents into Spanish.  The translator and I had to go to the Notary Public, who notarized the translator's statement that she was indeed a professional translator. The Notary also notarized all the translations, I believe, not sure if I remember this corrrectly.  Then I went to the Consulate for their approval.  All in all, I went 9 days to the Consulate, but it was worth it.  Upon entry into Ecuador, my lawyers had no problem with the documents, I could go right away for application for residency.
I wish you good luck, just ask your Ecuadorian Embassy or Consulate in your country what are the requirements , and follow them to the letter.
Helen

Hi

Thank you both for replying me. You mentioned that you went into Ecuador yourself to apply for the visa. Is it any way possible for me not to go all the way to Ecuador and continue applying for the application while I am here in Iran? This is one more thing I am not fully aware of. I would be more than thankful for your generous responses.

Also are there any online sources I can study to give me some info as regards the documents and all the steps that need to be taken. I studied the Ecuadorian website and could not find any useful info. Thanks again.

You have misunderstood one thing.  First, while in Canada, I got all the documentation prepared and stamped by the Ecuadorian Consulate in my Canadian city.  Then, I moved to Ecuador.  I immediately contacted my Ecuadorian lawyer in Loja, he looked the papers and said, everything is good, you just need to travel to (in my location) Machala on the coast, where you can apply for the residency visa.  I was surprised that the lawyers were not doing this, but it wasall very good and quite easy. The lawyer gave me the address and got me a bus ticket to Machala, I went to Machala and applied for residency visa.  Some time later, the visa was ready and I returned to Machala to receive it. 

As far as I know, you have to apply for the residency visa while in Ecuador.  But I may be wrong.  The rules have changed and I know nothing abut the new situation. All I know is that, now, you cannot immediately apply for a permanent residency visa, as I was able to do.  You have to have some kind of shorter visa before you can apply for the residency one.  Sorry that I cannot help you more.

Helen

At this time you cannot request a Professional visa from outside the country.  You need to present yourself, in person,  when applying.

You can however request a 90 day visa to visit Ecuador.

Iran has an embassy in Quito and should be able to assist you.

Iran is NOT a member of the Hague Convention.  Your documents will need to be legalized through other (and more complex) means before they can be accepted by Ecuador.

For more, contact Dana Cameron Ecuador Visas and Documents Services

Ecuador Visas and Document Services