Driving license

Hello, need your help.

I am from Hungary, 24 years old.
This summer ill be in Romanian / Bucharest  for around  a year and was wondering, can I use the time to take driving license. Please someone tell me if this is enough to be eligible for applying  in the driving school here in Bucharest right after I arrive.

Renting apartment > Register in immigration office for EU citizens >  ID copy > EHIC card >  bank statement for proof of financial means > Post stamp of 2 lei.
This is a 2 day procedure for getting the resident permit, right?
With that resident permit and document showing my clear criminal history I can apply in the driving school? Do I missing something I need to do?

Hi happyuser,

Firstly, as an EU citizen, you only need a 'certificat de inregistrare', not a residence permit (although I think you're talking about that). You only need: passport (original and copy), the filled-in application form (here), proof of means of support (a bank statement showing your have 135.5 lei in your account - assuming you're single, no kids), and your health card. You don't need the stamp anymore.

It can be done in a single day, if you like. You drop off the documents in the morning session, then return in the afternoon to collect the certificate. But certainly it'll be ready the second day if you can't be bothered to wait around.

For the driving licence (I assume you don't have a Hungarian one? If you do, you can just use it here or change it for a Romanian one if it expires) you also need some medical examinations - a certificate from a doctor saying you're mentally and physically able to drive. The test, I believe (I haven't done it here), has three parts: the school for theory lessons, the computer test and the practical test.

Thank you very much! I appreciated a lot your help.