How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Muthukk: I am not sure if that will be an outright rejection reason, but they will probably at least ask questions (and this might slow doen the process).
If you want to be safe, get the wrong document corrected!

My s pass is due for renewal in July.

CBS Score is 1835, CC Rating.

Monthly credit card payments are always on time and in full but I've applied different cards with banks due to the miles game so most likely the reason for the lower score. I've cleared a personal loan recently and cancelled some cards.

Is anyone on a similar situation?

Will this affect my renewal and should be worried?

I work for a financial institution. Thanks

Marzipan: Unless you defaulted on any loan or card, such ratings have no effect whatsoever on your S-Pass renewal chances.

No default, never late on payments. Thanks beppi as always

Submitted April
Hope all is well with everyone.

My S-pass application was submitted on April 19 2022 with a rejection last week. No reason was provided by MOM but I found that I made a mistake in stating my present and previous job monthly salary. Could that be a reason for the rejection pls?

HR has resubmitted another application (with the wrong salary again )  but they told me it wont have any effect on the application's chances. The most important thing  is the salary they are offering on my new contract. Only change HR made was from internal transfer to new hire.

Would someone be able to know or guess the reason for my rejection? If this is the wrong forum, I do apologize in advance.

Thank you.
Mattlim: Difference between previous and new salary can play a role - if you are already working in Singapore (foreign ones less so, because normally not comparable).
But a change from "new hire" to "internal transfer" is crucial - the latter is approved much more easily!
@beppi

Firstly, thanks for your reply :).

I'm a Canadian presently working in Canada. No sg experience sadly. They said its their compensation that matters most in terms of chances, not my current and previous job. Its for an Account Mgr position if it helps.

They changed from internal transfer to new hire tho. Based on ur knowledge or guess, do u think that will help?

Again, thanks for your reply. Wish you and all a good night.
They changed from internal transfer to new hire tho. Based on ur knowledge or guess, do u think that will help?
I answered that already, didn't I?
I answered that already, didn't I?
- @beppi

Sorry my bad, I asked only because they are doing it the opposite way (transfer to new hire).
That is the right thing to do if you are not an internal transfer - but is reduces your chances.
Make sure you have a Plan B!
@beppi

Technically it is an internal transfer as the plan was to go from my current canadian office to singapore one.

My worry was that the error on my current and previous job salary history screwed up my chances :(. I stupidly declared a pay cheques salary over the full mth but hr said my chances wont be affected..

My plan b would be to remain in canada sadly. Sigh. A million thanks again for ur help.

Hey Guys,

I saw your messages and I also want to share.
My new company offer double salary and applied Epass today.
I am scared of salary gap.
Hope to go well~....
Hello all,
I'm currently an EP holder in Singapore. My EP application was submitted last week by my new employer. My current job needs me to serve 2 months notice from the day I submit my resignation letter. I'm thinking to submit resignation only when I know I got my EP approved. Is it wrong if I submit my resignation before I know the result of my EP application? What if my EP application takes months? I'm worried my new job will turn me down cuz of pass issues, because it's really a good job with many benefits and I got 28% salary increase from my current pay. So, i don't wanna miss that opportunity.
Daniel: You are right that the lower risk (but longer) path is to resign only after your new EP is approved.
Hi All,

I try to check in the forum but seems like i dont have the same scenario.

My company asked me to submit the following documents to be sent to MOM.  I submitted my updated Resume, previous company job offer and final back pay.

I started to join my previous company last June 2021, however, I had severe Covid last August, 2021 and need to file a one month medical leave so my company decided to just rehire me and join new hires on October 2021.

Then i resigned last March 2022 to look for better opportunities. 

The duration i included in my resume was  June 2021- March 2022 because it's just the same company and same role and just had 1 month medical leave.

However, I realized the final pay slip i sent to them stated that the duration of my employment was
from October 2021- March 2022 only and my previous employer didnt include the duration from June 2021- August 2021.

But luckily, I submitted also my job offer which states I really started joining the company last June, 2021.

Will this affect my application since it looked like there are discrepancies on dates? Or should I stop over thinking? Hehe. Thank you all for your advice. 🙏🏼
EP16: If the discrepancy is explained (as you did above), I don't tink there will be a negative impact. But if you did not explain it, expect at least questions from MoM (and a delay in processing).
EP16: If the discrepancy is explained (as you did above), I don't tink there will be a negative impact. But if you did not explain it, expect at least questions from MoM (and a delay in processing).
- @beppi
Thank you beppi for the quick response. 😊

I explained the situation to my employer earlier if they can update the documents I sent as I have requested an updated COE to my previous employer however, my employer told me that they already applied my EP last June 16 and submitted my documents. They also assured me to not worry about the dates.

I have been reading a lot of scenarios here and I'm really worried about the dates since MOM has a strict background check. Will that be fine? Thank you. 🙏🏼

I have just got my EP approved. It took exactly 2 weeks.
@beppi
HI
Hr said they submitted EP application for me on the evening of 4 july 2022 . (last Monday)

I had rejected one time Spass application before that for another company.
Now I checked my EP application on MOM website after 3 day.

I am not seeing "Pending" status for me.
Still showing " Invalid" for previous Spass Application.

I hope to see Pending Status before coming Tuesday ( because Coming Monday will be Public Holiday in Singapore so they may be not update my EP status)

Thanks for your time.
Superman: It will show up in the EPOnline system when the processing officer has time to enter it. That is not necessarily coming Tuesday. (Why do you think you need it then?)
If it does not show up after two weeks or so, the employer should contact MoM to find out what went wrong.
@beppi Thanks for your Reply and valuable information.

I just anxious that I just rejected for S pass before this EP application.

Now I am good...

Hi all.

@beppi

I am recently graduated in CS major from a University in Vietnam and haven't got the certificate yet. I read from MoM that I can get a letter from school instead.
I just want to confirm is it possible to use a letter from school?
My fixed basic salary is 6600 sgd with no experience (excluding internships). Is the possibility to get the EP high?
Duc Do: Do you have any reason to doubt the information on the MoM website?
EP without work experience is possible if you have other things to offer (e.g. niche skills that are rare but in demand here) to make up for it.
Hi ,
My interview was on 19th July and company said they submitted my pass application at 20th july . I checked my application status if it becomes pending or not but i only found " no records ". So that it means my application hasn't submitted yet or maybe it is pending and can't check coz of error or something ?
@Htoo Lay
You should be able to check the status with your FIN or Passport number. If it shows No record found, you might contact your employer to confirm if they submitted it.

I have observed, discrepancy in educational period in IPA letter.

I have done 3 year diploma from 2004-2007 but in IPA its mentioned 2004-2008
How it will correct, Do I need to go through fresh approval process, Please suggest.
Sam1239: Your employer should contact MoM to correct the error. Hopefully it is just a mistyping by MoM (and not a wrong submission by the company) - in whch case there will be no problem.

@sam1239 Please reach out to your HR, and he/she will send the amendment request to MOM. Same issue with my application as well. My HR sent an amendment request and my application is back to pending now.

Rate my chances of getting an EP.

Nationality: Malaysian
Race: Chinese, 26 years old Female
Education background:
1. NTU BEng in Mech Eng (Class of 2022, Part Time)
2. NYP Diploma (Class of 2016, Full Time)

Salary: 3.3k

I have worked in this company for 2 years. Overall, I have accumulated a total working experience in the local Engineering industry for 6 years.

I did an SAT test and the result came back that I am eligible for both EP and SP. However, my company is small (~4 staffs), hence we do not have quota in SP.

If we apply EP by solely declaring my Diploma qualification, will I get the EP approved?
I heard it is easier for Malaysian Chinese to get EP.

Thank you all.

*Regarding why I am not able to have SP/EP after I graduated from Polytechnic, that is because employers claim that they have no quota/my qualifications are too low for those. Hopefully this time round, it is my turn for these high tier passes and PR.
It is impossible to get an EP without degree - and you must always declare all certificates you have.
If the SAT says you are eligible for EP, then that is true based on the (limited) factors the system considers.
The EP threshold for non-Malaysians is a minimum of S$4500/month. If you are o.k. with earning less than others, then go for it!
3 years diploma(Polytechnic) is considered for Singapore EP, I know many people who got EP(Including me).
You must still give complete and true information, otherwise you will be rejected. And especially certificates from Singapore, you CANNOT hide them!
My SPass journey

03 June 22 : applied by employer
19 June 22 : Request for additional information whether I ever studied and work in SG
21 June 22 : Rejected without reasons
21 June 22 : Re-Appeal
30 June 22 : Pending Status. We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks time. Some cases may take longer
01 Aug 22 : MOM request for additional info from employer
26 Aug 22 : As today, still on pending

Condition:
1. I never work and study in SG
2. I am Indonesian
3. Work under IT department as professional
4. SG last visit was 10 yrs ago
5. Single name (no middle and last name) and my name is very general
6. Employer's quota is available. Since the company hires Singaporean mostly and I am special case

Based on case, it is just my speculation. I thought it was due to my single name. I am thinking to change my name. Some of my friends which already move to SG told me that it will make the process more difficult. I need everyone advises or maybe someone ever experienced like I do right now?
I heard of similar cases, where Indonesians with only a single name had ptoblems with formalities in Singapore (and elsewhere).

@beppi EP approved. Took 3 working days, not including 2 days of weekends. Cheers.

Hi All

How to check DP application status, it is similar portal where we check EP status?

Applied DP on 29th Aug, Status is showing as "No record found. Records older than 6 months are not shown"

what is current DP approval time in last few month.

@jas12378

please check with the employer, usually DPs take less than 3 weeks (as stated by MoM), but approvals usually come in less than a week.

EP "pending" for more than a month. Applied on July 28 and no further documents has been requested. I was told by new company HR that there are other 2 applicants who are in a similar situation as mine. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated

Abhila: Could be anything. Just be patient - unless you prefer a speedy rejection, then cancel the application outright!