Moving from South Africa to Ireland with EU partner.

Hi, I find myself in a bit of a dilemma and have no idea where to begin. I am a South African, and my partner who has a Portuguese passport has gotten a job in Ireland. We have not been living together, but have been in a relationship for almost 6 years, and I was wondering if anyone could help me. How can I go about moving there with him? Would it be easier if we got married? Or would that not make a difference? Please help, I have no idea what to do!

I'd be keen to know as well. My husband is EU and I'd like to know if we can move there together on his working EU visa.

Hi both and sorry for the late reply.

At the top of the page is a link to our Handy Tools section; if you select that you'll get our Expat Guides, these contain lots of information that may help you plan your journey.

Once you've read these, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Cynic
Expat Team

@VickyLB

Hi Vicky.

How did you get on with this? I've got the same kind of situation and want my partner in SA to join me in Ireland. Would be glad if you can share.

Thanks a lot.
Ben
@benalive111

I suggest you open an new thread on the subject as this is and old (2018) inactive thread.