Looking to move to Belfast for work

Hello,

I have an offer from a bank in Belfast. Before I go ahead and accept it, would want to know cost of living in Belfast as NI being totally new place for me. Currently I'm located in Mumbai, INDIA.

I plan to move myself,family will be back in INDIA and would keep visiting me in Belfast occasionally.

Is 40-45k GBP  a good salary p.a. given that my only expense would be house on rent(nothing lavish, anything 400-450gbp per month works for me) & food. I live a very simple life so ain't much expense. I would be commuting on cycle so that cuts down the transportation cost as well. How much would i save approx per month.

pank_s_patil wrote:

Hello,

I have an offer from a bank in Belfast. Before I go ahead and accept it, would want to know cost of living in Belfast as NI being totally new place for me. Currently I'm located in Mumbai, INDIA.

I plan to move myself,family will be back in INDIA and would keep visiting me in Belfast occasionally.

Is 40-45k GBP  a good salary p.a. given that my only expense would be house on rent(nothing lavish, anything 400-450gbp per month works for me) & food. I live a very simple life so ain't much expense. I would be commuting on cycle so that cuts down the transportation cost as well. How much would i save approx per month.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The information you are looking for can be checked out on the Numbeo website; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks a lot:-)

Hi there! Did you end up accepting the job offer and moving to Belfast? How are things now? :)