Planning to retire in TZ

Hi, I'm new to this site and would welcome any kind of information, tips, advice etc you may have for retiring inTZ.
I was Born in Tanzania and lived there for 26 years, so I'm quite familiar with the climate, culture, geography, history, political structure and so on. I also have several childhood friends still living there. Unfortunately, the language, Kiswahili, has fallen by the wayside but the basic/simple stuff is still there. My wife and I have been back twice in the past 5 years staying with friends and are planning to return for another holiday later on in the year.
Now I know that holidays are idyllic and memorable for the right reasons but it is so far removed from the rat race I live here in the UK. And I know I need to remove my rose tinted glasses before committing myself to such a move, but I am fairly flexible as to where we would like to base ourselves (either Morogoro or Tanga).
Thanking you in advance.

What about Dar es salaam? don't you like it?

Lovely city, with lot's going on. But the gridlocked traffic and crime would make me think I never left the UK. Also Waaaayyyy too hot In Jan-March.
Morogoro seems like a stone's throw from Dar but a much more sedate lifestyle. Tanga impresses me: neat and tidy and not overcrowded like Dar.

Yes you are right , Dar is really busy and overcrowded as well , so I think Morogoro and Tanga are perfect places but also Kibaha is fine

Good for you, we wish you all the best.

Kibaha and Bagamoyo are also good places

Hi,I am Dwight an American who is retired from working.
I will visit Tanzania in September 2018 too retire in Arusha.
So could anyone please share with me this process too obtaine a retirement visa.
Thxs