Getting married in Nepal on a tourist visa

Hello everyone,

My name is Akshay. I am from India. I have done my studies in Culinary Arts from Edinburgh, Scotland for three years and perused Culinary management for 2 years in  London ,Canada. Currently, under a work permit in Canada for three years.:)

I would like to know that I am planning to visit  Nepal with my girlfriend from Albania (has finished her diploma in business management and IT sector from Albania CIT ), both on a tourist visa, for couple of months. Is there a possibility that we can get married there in Nepal on a tourist visa??

if yes , what things i need to keep in mind ? like pertaining documents and all that i will be needing from both sides? if no, any other recommendations?

thanks.

Hi Akshay,

Glad to have met you. My name is Jaivant and I am from Singapore. I am planning to move to Canada with my family soon. Regarding Nepal, I am not too sure about their marriage policies but I can say that its a beautiful and spiritual place. You can find out more on their official government website perhaps.
As for me, I would really appreciate if you could tell me alittle about Canada and the people there. Are they accepting towards Indians? Is it easy to get a job there (I have a Diploma in Electronics, Communications and Computer Engineering) ? Should I try from Singapore or should I try after I move there? I have jus applied for Express Entry and am awaiting for the reply.
Hope you don mind replying me. Thank you in advance and hope to chat with you again.. Till then take care.

Regards
Jai

Hello everyone,

Please note that this thread has been moved to the Nepal forum since the query concerns this destination.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello Akshay,
No you cannot get legally married in Nepal as you both are foreigners.  Having a ceremony here is another matter which ofcourse you could have but it would not be legally recognized as Nepal doesn't have any law to conduct marriage services for foreigners.