Telex visa process in singapore

I just process my kitas. My agent told to go Singapore for collect telex visa. But he say you no need visa for going Singapore you just give your passport and tell them that I'm here for making kitas for the first time so they will give visa. And then you go to Indonesian embassy Singapore and collect your telex visa for kitas. I don't understand this. Is that true i don't need visa for that. they will stamp there.

In order for your Kitas to be issued in Indonesia you need to go Singapore to have your passport stamped at the Indonesian embassy. This is a standard process which people needing Kitas and are already in Indonesia need to do.

If you have the telext then that's good news.

You should ask your agent if they know of another agent who can do the passport stamp Singapore in a day as that is possible.

But problem is how to go Singapore on which visa. I have to stamp my passport in indonesia ambassy singapore. But agent say uh don't need visa for enter singapore. Uh just give your passport and then they will stamp. And I'm Indian.

Do you need a visa to enter Singapore being Indian? If so then apply for a tourist one I guess.

If you don't, then you need to fly there as a tourist and enter Singapore like the rest of us.

Depending on what visa you are on here it's just a matter of flying to Singapore and flying back. You really should ask your agent for more information. You will be stamped out of Indonesia and when you come back in you need to go to the Kitas expat part on arrivals and then be stamped back in.

What I have already said is pretty much the procedure.

now I'm in Indonesia and if I will go from Indonesia to Singapore without visa and then willl give visa there like visa on arrival. Is that possible. Coz my visa will expire on 11 of April. And I'm so stress right now.i don't know what to do.

Assuming you can enter Singapore without any issue being Indian then you should go there soon and sort your visa out.

It's a very simple process. Don't overstay here as that will cause you problems. As I have already said talk to you agent and ask for me more help.

My advice may not be 100% correct for you so you need to speak to the one who is helping you directly.

He say you will have no problem to get visa on arrival you need yo pay 600.000 rupiah. But I check on website on Singapore embassy that need visa for enter in singapore for indian. He keep saying that. And stop talking. And my Indonesia wife also stress about that. What if they will not allow me to get in. Actually my spouse kitas.

Read this

https://www.ica.gov.sg/visitor/visitor_entryvisa

then

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/over … rview.html

A call to the numbers on the latter should sort out any issues

I didn't get you fred. I already check out this websites. I need visa to go there.

Normal procedure, many meet at the Orchard Hotel on orchard road usually around 09:30 to pass on passport to the agent and again around 4pm to have passport returned and return to Indonesia

I didn't get you.

What uh think if i go to malaysia for stamp.

Orchard Hotel process has ended. It's all moved to offices.

Have you spoken to the Indian Embassy here and asked for advice or other expats from India?

I am out of other ideas

Srk777 wrote:

What uh think if i go to malaysia for stamp.

http://www.global-gallivanting.com/appl … -citizens/

Srk777 wrote:

I didn't get you fred. I already check out this websites. I need visa to go there.

The visa can be sent to any Indonesian embassy, anywhere in the world.
If you need but don't wish to apply for visas, pick it up in India.

Right now I'm in Indonesia so I will get visa on arrival if I will fly from Indonesia?

Srk777 wrote:

Right now I'm in Indonesia so I will get visa on arrival if I will fly from Indonesia?

See the sites posted above.
If you're looking for a 'yes' because it's the answer you want, yes (but you may not as both countries' sites say you need a visa).

You can always go to Penang,  you don't have to go only to Singapore. Just advise immigrasi and tell them where you want to report too.

hello ,

please follow your agent , his 100% correct . previously i did same procedure before collecting kitas

Indian Citizens requiring entry to Malaysia require an E Visa (online application) re my previous comment about using Penang Indonesian Consulate as a point of contact to pick up re-entry documents into Indonesia. When you arrive back you should report to your local Immigrasi office as soon as practicable to convert it to a kitas. Takes about 5 workibg days normally.   Your agent and spouse should attend with you.  Easy.  Planning is the key to a smooth immigration process and transition to kitas.

As an Indian you will need to apply for a visa before entering Singapore, perhaps you can contact the Singaporean Embassy in Jakarta to apply for your Singapore visa before entering?

You will need to submit your passport for about 1 week, bring along your TELEX visa for Singapore as a reason proving why you need the visa.

Good luck!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

On a visa run to Singapore I was told you have to stay a minimum of 2 nights and 3 days.  Can anyone recommend a decent, not to expensive but nice hotel in the area?  Any other info would be nice concerning visa run.  Like expenses and if I need to change rupiah to whatever Singapore currency is.  Thanks!

Not sure why you were told that but ok. Singapore is nice and simple to get around as the MRT links everything. Orchard is for shopping, the marina for the coast and attractions and fun things at night. Sentosa for Universal studios and fun.
Where to stay depends on your budget really as there are lots of good hotels and chains but they are more expensive than here. booking.com is good to use for that.
Your agent should tell you what paperwork you need.

Have fun

@Srk777

Indians need to apply for the eVisa to enter Singapore (same for Malaysia) as Supadave says. Everyone knows that. It's also well known that applying for your Indonesian Visa is more hassle-free in Singapore than in Malaysia.

@Digitarius:

You'll get much more informative replies about hotels on the Singapore Forum in TripAdvisor. But basically just go to Agoda or Booking.com and enter the area, your budget and dates and you'll get lots and lots of results.

Ok, thanks both of you for the info.

Jut by way of a note, most seem to choose Sing but you can go anywhere.
I understand the embassy in Sing has a very good reputation for fast processing (supposed to have been so for years), but I had a pleasant experience in KL, though I admit I chose there because I wanted to drop in on some mates over there.

I would guess that the process in Singapore is pretty much the same as when applying for a Kitas except when you continue the process afterwards back in Indonesia the requirements are different and you'll get a retirement visa.

For my first Kitas I used an agent for everything in Indonesia, and for the Singapore part he also told us we could use an agent over there if we wanted. I chose to do that part myself, stayed in the RELC hotel on Orange Grove Road, and waited 3 days in Singapore.

The RECL hotel is too expensive for me.  I am on a budget I need something less than $75 per night.  What area is  embassy I have no idea where to look for a hotel.

The embassy is in Chatsworth Road which is near the far end of Orchard Road where it turns to Tanglin Road. Somewhere between Tanglin Road and Grange Road.

There are no hotels, cheap or expensive near the embassy and I'd strongly advise against staying at the airport. You can stay in any of the areas such as Bugis or Victoria Street area just outside the city centre. That's only a 10 minute taxi ride to the embassy.

You could consider hotels like:

Victoria hotel
Hotel 81 Rochor
Tai Hoe Hotel
Zen Rooms Farrer Park
Arton Boutique Hotel
Hotel Re
Adler Hotel
Hotel Kai

And so many more are all within your budget and maybe 10 minutes taxi ride to get to the embassy.

I  found these all on TripAdvisor and Agoda just now.

If you were willing to stay in a capsule hotel the price comes down to about a third of the price of these hotels, but since you are applying for a retirement visa I am guessing you'd have as many difficulties with them as I would at my age :)

Yeah your right I am 59 but don't feel or look it hahaha but still no capsule hotel for me.

The Fragrance Bugis is another hotel to consider.

So it seems that if you do it yourself in Singapore it can take about 3 working days to get the visa, but if you pay S$280 (I think that is correct) and use an agent, then you'll get it in one day. That would save you the cost of staying in Singapore for any length of time.

Some parts of Bugis become red light areas at night. Some find it annoying and or offensive, some don't.

Same goes for much of Bangkok. Amazing city...

Digitarius, Let us know how everything goes with the visa application in Singapore. Will be interesting to hear about it.

Penang consulate delivered the paperwork the next day at 2pm- not really understanding the afffinity with Singapore but I guess horses for courses....I was lucky that there were direct flights from Surabaya to Penang and did a mini holiday at the same time. Never got the bug to travel to Singapore.

Supadave wrote:

not really understanding the afffinity with Singapore .

There seems to be a big thing about doing this is Singapore but I have yet to hear a valid argument explaining the advantages.
The big disadvantage appears to be the cost of staying in that city state, the hotels, food and so on seemingly much more expensive.
I did mine quickly and easily in KL, but I admit my choice wasn't based on the paperwork, more because I wanted to visit friends.
However, the paperwork was done quickly and there were no issues at all.

Singapore is way more expensive to stay in wow.  My mission was successful but the price there are through the roof.   I took public transportation,  which was really nice and clean and cheap.  I only used a taxi to and from the airport and used GRAB once.  So many BMW's there hahahaha.  It's an expensive place to live no doubt but a nice city I think.  I can believe any on a regular salary or whatever retiring in to Singapore at those prices.

Hi do you recommended agent for that visa process?