EP Rejected Twice!!!Help me!!

Hi everyone,

I am Chinese and I just graduated from a famous Japanese University(undergrad). I majored in Commerce and Management. I had some internship experience in finance field in Tokyo. And I received an offer from a major consulting firm in Singapore.(S$7000+monthly)

Their HR started to apply for my EP visa this January.But it was rejected cuz they forgot to attach my graduation certificate. they submitted the file with the Appeal, but it was rejected again.The reason was that they didnt disclose the salary clearly with this position on Job Bank in advance.

They reapplied for EP again this March.However, the result was out just now after a whole month, and it was negative.

There are certain points I think might be the reason for the rejection.First, my exact graduation date was in the end of this March.So they only submitted a certificate with an expected graduation date throughout these two applications (since they checked with MOM and made sure it was ok). Otherwise, might it be because of my lack of full time experience in the consulting field?

Could anyone please help me see what I can do right now? ??And what the chances are to reappeal/reapply again? Also,Could I apply for the SP instead??

Thank you very much!!,

MoM gives work passes only to people with skills that Singapore needs to import.
Fresh graduates rarely have those. What are yours, or how did the company justify hiring you instead of a similarly skilled local? S$7000/month is far above the usual pay for a fresh graduate, so I am sure your company thinks you're worth it - but maybe MoM disagrees (they dislike overpaid foreigners almost as much as underpaid ones).

Thanks for the comment. I speak four languages and had lived in 3 different countries. My intern experience is also somehow related to the current job position.What kind of docuements do you think could help me presuade MOM? What are your suggestions to deal with the situation? Could HR contact with the MOM officer and ask for reasons directly?
Thanks so much!!!!

Since the company (not you) applied for the EP, only they can appeal and deal with MoM.
The HR should contact MoM, explaion the importance of hiring you for the company (best if this somehow creates more jobs for Singaporeans) and ask for a meeting with the officer. After that, if they get the reasons for your rejection, they can appeal. You can join them for the meting with MoM, but this is optional.

Thanks beppi! Is this meeting going to be with the exact officer who issues the EP?
Also,if this appeal is rejected as well, what are the chances for me to take a another shot?

If after meeting with the officer and provide the rationale by the employer, the result is remaining same then it's better try with a new employer or get full time experiences before try out again. Good luck

Thanks surya,
It sounds like this appeal would be my last shot.
I have decided to fly to Singapore on visit pass to attend the meeting.

Do you know if there is any agency that could give me some professional advice on the meeting/ appeal in advance? What kind of docuements could be persuasive? Would internship employment certificates, language certificates, school grades be helpful? Anything else I should gey prepared for the meeting?

I don't thing there are agencies who could help.
The only information that could help your issue is from the employer: As I said they must show that it is good for Singapore if you join!

Any updates ? Was your approval successful

Maybe you can call a agency who are more professional as they have more experience

maybe you can try to call this friend ( Candy ) at *** , see if she is able to help you

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi ,

You can try s pass which is easy to approved

EP must have god years of experience

Company if have 25 staff above must put in the job ad

Salary if 7k MOM will ask for more info , of the SG staff

It also depend on what kind of company u are applying , F and B , Trading , manufacturing ??? etc

It is not that your salary is high they will give u EP