Coming back to Singapore From Philippines, Avoid being offloaded

Hi All,

Im coming back to Singapore from Philippines.
Do you have some bad experiences coming back to SG?
I know coming back to SG will be okay because I already have IPA,
But what about Philippine Immigration?

Thanks,
Mark

I have a friend who was off loaded when going back to SG.
I advise that delete all info about job hunting or going back to work in SG in your phone. Cause in the event that they will find out that you've worked before they might call you to interview.

on which airport is your friend offloaded?
I was on SG last month I spent almost 3 weeks there, now im going back to SG, after a month?
What did your friend did?

You will only bee questioned or denied entry if you have entered the country several times before in a short timeframe - or if you are banned (for whatever reason).
If you have an IPA, this will not happen, as these things are checked before your work pas is approved.
Questions about Philippines immigration are better placed on the Philippines forum.

jassymonkey wrote:

I have a friend who was off loaded when going back to SG.
I advise that delete all info about job hunting or going back to work in SG in your phone. Cause in the event that they will find out that you've worked before they might call you to interview.

Do immigration officers have the right to inspect your phone?

MarkMatute wrote:

Hi All,

Im coming back to Singapore from Philippines.
Do you have some bad experiences coming back to SG?
I know coming back to SG will be okay because I already have IPA,
But what about Philippine Immigration?

Thanks,
Mark

More likely you will be offloaded if you do not have documents that they require to check (eg. OWWA/OEC). There is a solution you just have to figure it out. I cannot post or send the details to you in private.

niknok23 wrote:

Do immigration officers have the right to inspect your phone?

No, they don't.
But they have the right to deny you entry into Singapore for any reason - including not letting them check your phone.
However, Singaporean officers are usually quite reasonable and will only question you if you gave them reason to suspect something.

I got to Singapore and will start already tommorrow! Thanks to God!