How to deal with stress when moving to the United Arab Emirates

Moving abroad is no easy feat. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with stress, so we invite you to share some insights regarding this topic.

What are the main factors that contribute to stress when moving to the United Arab Emirates (cultural adaptation, moving with family, administrative and bureaucratic issues, language differences, etc.)?

What activities would you recommend to help deal with this type of stress?

What are some techniques that have helped you deal with stress?

Is there a way to avoid being stressed out or anxious when moving to the United Arab Emirates?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello everyone,
Most imoprtant would be to have FAITH in your God, then take a walk in evening to the nearby park, sea side or cafe. This would help you creating more social relationships.
Secondly, do experience things by yourself not by just listening to people's opinion, with due respect to the local laws.

There is no stress if ur not working or doing actions.

I am standing the side of worker/labor/office staff etc, there is stress. Who to reduce the stress

1) Relax after duty, how, don't think about day today activities what i have finished
2) start from next day to think about duty, if anything for Today does it, go forward with the duty and complete.
3) don't share office  work activities or subjects  with others
4) if necessary share during working atmosphere only
5) leave according to our budget
spent time for relaxing, joking, reading, attend spiritual meetings, church services, friendship with similar groups, talk to family members
6) time spent for pray
7) proper eating habit, sleep, and normal routine works, travel is good

In hope my understanding is in line with your queries and I hope it might be usable for others.

Dear Priscilla

Though UAE is far better country than any other country of GCC region, Still lot of factors are here which gives stress to new comer if you are coming on resident or employment visa

First being the typical kind of medical examination one has to. You see the officials here are very unmoved . If somebody is detected during medical examination, with some symptoms of communicable disease, they will deport the person back . Even though that disease could be treatable in short amount of time. I mean the officials due to apply their mind . So if you have to shift to your family, you have hundred fear of un-known in you mind. This is not the medical examination while only entry, even at renewal of visa you have to pass through the same mental agony.

Secondly, for bachelor lot of restriction with respect to housing is big stress for them.
Then the high cost of traffic fines, insurance and tedious process of every year vehicle renewal. The official here do not know if the vehicle is ok for next three years or not. They need to renew registration every year. I do not know they do it for money collection or they are not thorough about the diagnosis of vehicle condition.

In UAE, you do not have any place where you go and enjoy without spending money. It all about money and money.

Lot of stress issues are here.

But good things are here also, like the resident visa is valid in money countries and hence we can visit without much visa hassel  to other countries . No difference as far as govt rules applicability is concerned . Same rules applies to all. Safety is very good.

For stress busters, we can visit beaches, join community centers, visit nearby countries where the resident visa is allowed, have party and fun with your circle.

I feel I have given my opinion in limited description.

Dear Raizadavik

I'm not sure how your points listed here would lesson the stress for a new expat.   Firstly please understand a new expat is leaving his/her home country, a place that they have called home for all their lives   they do not need to deal with the issues which you listed above.  I read your review and I would change my mind in a heart beat.  Expat workers with bachelor's degrees are emigrating to the UAE because they have been assigned a job for which they are needed therefore your portrayal of the UAE laws can allow any expat worker to have a change of heart and make a detour. 

I have heard many pros and cons about working and living in the UAE but the one thing that never ceases to amaze me is the fact that the people who give the most negativity are in the UAE for many years ???????????

I'm sorry but after reading your response I am anything but motivated to move to the UAE.