How to deal with stress when moving to Mauritius

Moving abroad is no easy feat. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with stress, so we invite you to share some insights regarding this topic.

What are the main factors that contribute to stress when moving to Mauritius (cultural adaptation, moving with family, administrative and bureaucratic issues, language differences, etc.)?

What activities would you recommend to help deal with this type of stress?

What are some techniques that have helped you deal with stress?

Is there a way to avoid being stressed out or anxious when moving to Mauritius?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Good day!

Im currently staying here in Mauritius. For applying visa it wasn't stressful. It was fast and easy if you have all the documents needed. If an expat is willing to relocate, adjust and adapt a new culture, weather, system then it wouldn't be stressful for him/her. In this Beautiful island, you will need to rent a car. That is the first thing you have to do. There'll be no buses at night incase you would like to visit a place or go to a bar and restaurants unless it's okay for you to walk. The first time we arrived in Mauritius we didn't have a car. We had to walk like 2km or more everyday to go in a restaurant and back. It was fun to walk but if you do it everyday it is really tiring because after partying or after eating your dinner you would want to go direct to your bed and sleep. So please get a car or rent. It will be easy to go anywhere you want with no stress. That is my advice to all the people who are planning to move here in Mauritius. Have a nice day and enjoy here in Mauritius!

By the way, i love their food esp. Rotti vege and rotti chicken and the soup called bullet i dunno exactly what is the spelling. Correct me if im wrong. The beach is very relaxing. If you want to relax and sleep in the beach with not so much noise and crowd i suggest you to go every monday to friday.   😊

Regards,
Ella