Moving to Malta at 63...

Hello All,

Some info needed please. I am retired but cant do the retiree 'thing'...I need to work, I also need to be in a better climate than the UK.

I have been to Malta (I love Gozo & Xlendi) many times, so know the area etc etc.

I was in the ICT industry, mostly Telematics, I have had two of my own businesses, and have been in higher management positions with other businesses in my career.

Any advice re obtaining work?

Many Thanks

David

David5001 wrote:

Hello All,

Some info needed please. I am retired but cant do the retiree 'thing'...I need to work, I also need to be in a better climate than the UK.

I have been to Malta (I love Gozo & Xlendi) many times, so know the area etc etc.

I was in the ICT industry, mostly Telematics, I have had two of my own businesses, and have been in higher management positions with other businesses in my career.

Any advice re obtaining work?

Many Thanks

David

Welcome to the Forum, a lot depends on whether you want full or part time work and you intend to live on Malta or Gozo.
On Gozo the chances of getting a full time position are probably pretty slim as most jobs are to do with the hospitality trade and mostly part time, as you know Gozo you are probably aware of this.
If you look on Facebook at Jobs in Gozo it will give you some idea, I do not know of there is a similar site in Malta, good luck.

Many Thanks!

Maltapark has a jobs section plus of course the jobs section of this forum.

Many thanks Ray, much appreciated!

David

I would be surprised if you don't meet with ageism.

Ageism is probably the least likely of all the "isms" you may encounter here.  ;)

Hi is stay back option available in malta for students?

Sujithrg wrote:

Hi is stay back option available in malta for students?

Think you may need to start a new topic, this one is about retirees and possible work, not students!

I assume you are talking about students remaining after their studies have finished and finding a job, basically if you are an EU Citizen - no problem, if TCN you will need a work permit

Ray

For employment opportunities there is a government agency similar to the jobcentre in the U.K. it is called ETC / Jobsplus. You can register and sign up for regular updates on vacancies and you can specify Gozo if you wish. The Jobsplus building itself is in Victoria though only opens in the mornings I seem to recall. Bear in mind wages are very low compared to the U.K. and it is usually a complete waste of time applying for jobs if you are not resident here.

Ray,

You mentioned that ageism is the least of the isms one will encounter. What are the others?