Travelling to Cyprus by car

Hi,

My wife and I are hoping to move to Cyprus in the next 6 months. We are weighing up, buy a car when we get there or bring over a perfectly good car that we already have.

Has anybody experienced driving to Cyprus?

What sort of costs could we expect?

If given the choice, would you do it again or have the car transported for you?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

I cant really comment as we moved from Malta to Cyprus and decided our best option was to sell our car in Malta and with that cash we bought a  brand new vehicle here.....but I know quite a few who have plumped for the shipping option

Research RSS Logistics Andrea Etherington
and
Peter Morton Removals

both have facebook pages and both have very good reputations.

Hi I have just shipped my car over from Glasgow with a car dealer in paphos called a.n.w car sales they are a English couple and they do everything for u in the price including shipping ur car to limasoul   doing all the paper work for you and getting ur car m.o.t. Road tax and Cyprus number plates would recommend this garage great service they do 100 percent satisfied with them.😀👍👍👍

Hi,

Would you mind giving me an idea of cost? I'm having the same thoughts, why buy a car when we have a perfectly good one already.

Thanks in advance
Keithem

It depends on the car you have the size of the engine and the c,o,2 I have a Peugeot 508 2 litres engine and 163 bhp all inclusive €2500.

Thanks, I will check that out.

Make sure you can get the parts for your car and what the insurance and road taxes will be....

Hi There

Partner and I are moving to Paphos next year weighing up our options do we bring our car over I know we will have to pay some sort of import duty on the car the price you quoted e2500 did that include the import duty?

Kind Regards

Julie

Yes that was everything's all inclusive

Many Thanks for your reply

Don' t know if you can help with this one: possibly planning our route to drive over instead with our dog via Turkey then driving through northern Cyprus how would we stand with our car once in Paphos about driving it there with UK plates is there a time period where we have to change to Cypriot plates etc?

Thanks

Julie

Sorry can't help you there .

i think you will need a certificate of authenticity for mileage recorded and all ownership documents.... then you will  need to have it inspected at the Ministry of Transport and have it MOT'd then insured and taxed...

If I were you id speak to RSS logistics for options and information  - andrea etherington  = they are on facebook  too

Brilliant Thanks for the quick response!

We have friends that are living in Paphos already and they have said cars are more expensive to buy there hence the reason to weigh up transporting over ours and paying the duty tax etc....

we bought a brand new fiesta 3 for €10k on the road and it has been trouble free for the last 4 yrs...

you will also need to bring proof of your UK no claims discount too

you can get good secondhand ones here  - a friend of mine got his hands on a suzuki jeep private sale for €1500 and its in mint condition....

Thanks for your information. I shall relay to my husband

I was going to do that when I moved out here last year costly and time having it shipped over cheaper more expensive to buy one out here

we moved out here from malta so it was different for us  =  we sold our 18month old Chevrolet Spark for the same price as we spent on our brand new new fiesta 3 so it was a good deal for us