American citizen with dual citizenship marrying Romanian

Hello,

I was born in Romania. I came to America when I was five years old. I am an American citizen now but I still have my Romanian citizenship. Since my fiancée lives in Romania, do I have to acquire an Appostille (saying I'm a single status, not married) in order to receive a marriage certificate in Romania?

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have a Romanian passport and ID card?

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your help. I don't have a passport at the moment. Once I receive a confirmation that my application for an electronic passport for Romanian citizen living in a foreign country is complete, then I will be receiving a Romanian passport.

The process is almost complete because I filled out the application already and have submitted it with the Romanian Consulat.

Will a Romanian passport deem it necessary to be married as a foreigner still? Or will I still have to apply with an American Passport?

Talk to you soon. Happy Easter.

It was more of a random question. Most Romanian children I know of were adopted to America and unless they recently changed the law they were irrevocably stripped of their citizenship. I'm glad your passport is on the way.