HCM VIETNAMESE CALLING CARD

Does any members know where I could buy a Vietnamese calling card in HCM that would allow me to call the UK at reasonable rates when I visit Vietnam

I appreciate any assistance members may be able to offer

I've never used it for the UK but Skype works pretty good for the US and for my students in China (of course, China is right next door) and the best part is it's free as long as you are paying for internet anyway.

Why don't you  use WhatsApp, Viber, Tango, etc. instead of calling card?  It's simple and free.  We use it daily, not just in Vietnam but all over the world.

Thank you for the prompt replies. I need a calling card so I can call my 92 year old mother.

She does not have a computer or smart phone.

Kytain wrote:

Does any members know where I could buy a Vietnamese calling card in HCM that would allow me to call the UK at reasonable rates when I visit Vietnam

I appreciate any assistance members may be able to offer

The best option for you buy credit on Skype and use it. Its very reasonable rate for USA OZ and the UK.
I have never heard any international calling card in Vietnam.

I also recommend Skype.
Just load money (about 20$ for the first test calls) to you Skype account by credit card.
After that, you can call any phone number.

Update:
Have a look to Skype calling rates at https://secure.skype.com/calling-rates/ … nguage=en#

Hi Andy I Need a calling card to call my 92 year old mother. She does not have a computer or smart phone.

Kytain wrote:

Hi Andy I Need a calling card to call my 92 year old mother. She does not have a computer or smart phone.

Hello

Could you tell me what exactly your meaning of Calling card?  I do not know what are you looking.  Using Skype credit you can call any phone number at anywhere. no one needs smartphone or internet except you.

In the UK I have and use an international calling card that allows me to call the U.S., Vietnam and other countries for 1p and 2p per minute instead of paying £1 per minute or more.

I was hoping Vietnam might have international cards.

Kind Regards
Kytain

There are always more than one way to skin a cat

Welcome to where this is done      ;)

Kytain wrote:

In the UK I have and use an international calling card that allows me to call the U.S., Vietnam and other countries for 1p and 2p per minute instead of paying £1 per minute or more.

I was hoping Vietnam might have international cards.

Kind Regards
Kytain

You will discover as I did that those calling cards, which are still in use in Europe, are not here in Vietnam. At least, when asked, people looked at me like I was from Mars.

See the instructions above. Skype can call ANY number. If not a Skype member, you pay about 20 cents US per minute. I find it really useful to call businesses in the USA. and my Italian friends in Italy.

Thank you.

Wxx3 wrote:

See the instructions above. Skype can call ANY number. If not a Skype member, you pay about 20 cents US per minute.

Viber is a lot cheaper than Skype.  Audio calls are something like 6 cents US in what they call "Viber out" which is when the recipient does not have Viber on their phone.  If both parties have Viber and both are on wi-fi, the calls are free.