Moving to Uganda

It would seem that there is nobody who can asisst us in what we need to do in order to emigrate to Uganda I did phone the Ugandan High Commision who tried to be helpful but left me more confused !
Simple question I am Britiish I hold a UK passport never been to Uganda my partner Lucy was born In Uganda prior to 1962 this date is improtant I think for some reason she holds a Uk passport and has lived in the UK for 30 years or so,

1.She has family in Uganda she was married to a now deceased Ugandan national does this give her the right to settle in Uganda ?
2.If we marry before we go will I be able to get citizenship as her spouse ?
3.How long will I have to wait to gain citizenship ?
4.If neither of us can claim citizenship can we still settle in Uganda ?
5 Will she have to relinquish Uk passport in favour of a Ugandan one ?

Simple answers on a postcard

2018Lucy,

Are you really willing to get such detailed and critical advice from just anybody who happens to reply to you?  Especially in a country where laws can sometimes be sketchy and public officials frequently takes bribes?

My advice...
Talk with an Ugandan immigration attorney.  Professional consultations may be very reasonably priced.  And my advice with the complexity of your situation and need for quality answers is to ask multiple people the same questions and compare the answers.

Thanks for you advice yes it seems a London trip to the Ugandan Embassy / High Commission is needed phoning is not an option as need to ask questions face to face.
My partner thought it would be easy I told her I do not think so but we will find out soon.

Is it Nice place to work and live

The Ug embassy in UK now gives dual citizenship therefore your partner may not need to renounce her British citizenship. So there is definitely an inevitable trip to the Ug embassy to get all your facts before you make the decision.